News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 - 2 Sips setup - how to

Started by vskatusa, March 07, 2014, 09:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vskatusa

I am fully aware that you can configure 2 SIPS in Obi100 -ITSP Profile A & B.

1. Is my above understanding correct?
2. If so, how do you decide which SIP to use for outgoing calls?

gderf

You set one or the other to be the Primary Line for Outgoing Calls, and/or you can dial **1 then the number to use SP1 or dial **2 then the number to use SP2.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

vskatusa

Hi gderf, thanks for your reply.

QuoteYou set one or the other to be the Primary Line for Outgoing Calls

Can you kindly show me a screen shot of the web interface how I setup the Primary Line? or ITSP Profile A is always considered primary line?

gderf

I believe you have to use the OBiTALK portal to set this. Have you tried that?
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

vskatusa

I have used OBILTALK but I have configured using the local IP of the OBI100 - I believe I cannot use both. Am I right?

BigJim_McD

You can not use the web admin interface (device IP) and also use OBiTALK to configure your OBi device(s). 

If you want to use OBiTALK, you can make additional changes using the OBiTALK > "OBi Expert Configuration" that will allow you to make changes on most of the OBi device settings that you see when connected to the OBi device admin web page.
BigJimMcD

drgeoff

Quote from: gderf on March 07, 2014, 10:56:56 AM
I believe you have to use the OBiTALK portal to set this. Have you tried that?
I believe that is untrue.
On the local web GUI:  Physical Interfaces, Phone Port, (Phone Port section) Primary Line - untick the Default box and select SP1 or SP2 from the pulldown.  Click Submit and reboot.

(By default the Primary Line will be SP1 on all Obis except an OBi110.)

drgeoff

Quote from: vskatusa on March 07, 2014, 09:44:26 AM
I am fully aware that you can configure 2 SIPS in Obi100 -ITSP Profile A & B.

1. Is my above understanding correct?
2. If so, how do you decide which SIP to use for outgoing calls?
You can also craft dial plans such that the OBi automatically uses SP1 or SP2 depending on the number dialled.  (No ** codes need to be prepended when dialling.)