News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New firmware puts things back the way they were.

Started by gderf, March 06, 2014, 05:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gderf

3.0.1 (4330) for OBi2 & OBi3 Series: »fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-0-1-4330.fw
Restored the X_InboundCallRoute behavior as in 3.0.1.4269 and prior releases.
Specifically, the problem where the rule {>[Your Account UserID]:ph} is not working with
some service providers in 3.0.1.4303 and 3.0.1.4318 has been corrected.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

dudly

I had downgraded 4303 and 4318 to 4269 to get things to work properly.  I just upgraded to 4330 from 4269 and things are working properly.

gderf

As near as I can tell, the OBiTALK service no longer automatically applies the "Oleg method." So while the latest firmware allows it to work without breaking your incoming calls, if you want to use it you have to apply it manually yourself.

Mango

It would be nice if OBiTALK enabled X_EnforceRequestUserID by default, where supported, and used the Oleg Method for older versions of firmware that do not have that option.

With that said, it's very easy to do both yourself (if you know about them).

gderf

Well, since neither method is now the default behavior, I would expect to begin reading about the sudden appearance of successful SIP scanner attacks and other ghost ring behaviors from users who were previously protected even without them being aware of the problem or solutions.

riptcity00

Quote from: dudly on March 06, 2014, 06:30:25 AM
I had downgraded 4303 and 4318 to 4269 to get things to work properly.  I just upgraded to 4330 from 4269 and things are working properly.

What are the advantages of upgrading to 4330 over 4269 if 4269 appears to be working ok?  i.e. I didn't do the original upgrades.

gderf

Unless an upgrade solves a problem you have, or adds a feature you want or need, there is little point in upgrading.

The problem with this philosophy is that the change logs for firmware upgrades are vague at best, so even if you become aware of an upgrade, there is little, if anything known about what it accomplishes.

Mango

All we know is it has the addition of X_EnforceRequestUserID.  You can have an older version of firmware behave the same way using the Oleg Method.

Since there is no changelog for the firmware releases, we don't know what else, if anything, has changed.