News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Vestalink stopped working

Started by swardco, March 08, 2014, 05:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gderf

Quote from: arvinp on March 11, 2014, 04:46:33 AM
One more thing, in the table that you see when going to the link
https://www.vestalink.com/byod.php.

The values for Service Provider Proxy Server Port should be 8891  and for

Outbound Proxy Server Port should be 8891

Port 8891 has been suggested by Vestalink as an alternate to 5060. But it is not the standard configuration and not mandatory for use.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

arvinp

5060 was not working for me until I read the following on Vestalink's site:

"One of the errors Obi adapter users may experience when configuring their equipment for use with our service for the first time is an Error 400 when attempting to make an outbound call.

The easiest solution to this error is to use port 8891 instead of 5060 when entering the SIP credentials into your device from the Softphone/BYOD tab of the Vestalink web portal".

Doing what I wrote in my previous post and changing to 8891 instead of 5060 started working for me. Thanks.  :)

gderf

Mine never stopped working on 5060.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

erkme73

Good on all of you who are back up.  I'm not.  Getting "Service Not Configured" on the 110 box I configured with the auto-configuration page.  It was showing "Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized", so I thought, what the hell... let's try that.  I've since deleted the SP1 profile and manually entered everything (including 8891 v. 5060) and still shows Service Not Configured.

The other 110 box, I haven't touched.  It still shows "Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized".  I'm going to manually change the proxy settings to 8891, but suspect that's wishful thinking as well.

I've power cycled both boxes, and it made zero difference.

ETA: as suspected, changing the manually configured 110's ports to 8891 did nothing to change the "Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized" error.  All calls are rejected by the service provider.

giqcass

Quote from: erkme73 on April 09, 2014, 06:37:59 AM
I've since deleted the SP1 profile and manually entered everything (including 8891 v. 5060) and still shows Service Not Configured.

I think the primary reason they use 8891 is because routers like the 2wire tend to choke on 5060.  If a port was working for you it should continue to do so unless you change hardware or firewall settings.  I hope they work out their problems soon.  
Long live our new ObiLords!

JohnC

Everything has been working great until this morning. Mine is showing the Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized too. I tried 8891 and 5060 and it makes no difference. I have CallCentric set up on Sip2 and it is still working.

giqcass

I was curious.  Vestalink provides the failover that forwards the calls to another number.  Is that still working?
Long live our new ObiLords!

eclas

both mine and a friend's service is out also. all morning so far. I tried all the suggestions.
I've reset everything from scratch manually and auto setup from vestalink.
Vestalink will NOT configure the obihai without failing. I hope this gets fixed quick or me and a whole lot of other people will be moving on to another service quickly.

Taoman

Quote from: giqcass on April 09, 2014, 07:48:19 AM
I was curious.  Vestalink provides the failover that forwards the calls to another number.  Is that still working?

It never has worked for me. It didn't work during the previous Vestalink outage nor another time when my Obi was offline. I sent an email to support asking in what conditions the failover does work but never received a reply.

That was one (of many) reasons I moved on to PhonePower who (so far) has been rock solid and reliable. Me thinks Vestalink is still experiencing some growing pains.

aopisa

I am down here as well this morning. I don't know for how long its been out. I mostly use my mobile phone, but still wanted to use the Obi for e911. Getting #407 error "service rejected by provider". Can't really rely on making an emergency call with such an unreliable service. This has been pretty unacceptable so far for the few weeks I have been with Vestalink.

gannicus

I'm getting the same message with vestalink this morning on my obi 202: Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized. It's the first time it's happened with me.

callhome

Same problem here. I noticed that on the Vestalink status page the US mid graph is down. Maybe related. I'm in the mid area.

gannicus

Vestalink is working for me again as of 10:45 am Mountain Time.

aopisa

Well, the service came up at about 1:00 PM local time here in the East, then promptly went down again about two minutes later. Now all indicator lights on my Obi 100 are on, but I am getting a 404 error. I feel pretty stupid for giving this company my money.

I don't understand why they have a status twitter feed https://twitter.com/VestaLinkStatus when they choose to stay mute with their customers about this issue. Plenty of people asking what's going on with absolute silence from Vestalink on all fronts.

eclas

i am up also but for how long? The lack of communication when this happens will lose more customers than the actual downtime.

Quote from: gannicus on April 09, 2014, 09:49:04 AM
Vestalink is working for me again as of 10:45 am Mountain Time.

Codesmith

Vistalink stopped working for me today as well.
1) Checked my internet, power cycle all equipment.
2) Checked vestalink's status http://status.vestalink.com
3) Checked ObiTalk ... new error message on vestalink service

Deleted the service, re-entered the information exactly as before and everything is fine.

I've had so many internet connectivity issues over the last 48 hours that I won't even venture to guess what caused the problem.  (Hopefully the new cable modem solved all that).

But deleting and then readding the service is what fixed it.

riptcity00

Looks like they posted an update on their twitter page:

Vestalink‏@VestaLinkStatus
We experienced a database problem this morning that prevented logged out users from logging back in and making calls, the issue is resolved.

BigJim_McD

Just an observation.

It appeared to me that many Vistalink users service was down during the morning.  My Vestalink service went down on my OBi202 sp1 and I hadn't logged out.  I suspected that it was down because it was unable to Re-Register. 

OBi202  -  SP1 Service Status
Status   Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized (server=54.200.193.145:8891; retry in 114s)

But Vestalink continued to display that my
OBIHAI/OBi202-3.x.x.4330   sip:2xxx@71.33.164.199:5080   connected.

OBiTalk was also down much of the morning.  I had to use OBi202 admin webpage to manually switchover to my backup VoIP service provider on sp2.  I used Google Voice to switchover the call forwarding to my backup service until the Vestalink was back up and stable.
BigJimMcD

erkme73

Glad to know it's not just me unable to get to Obitalk.com.  Talk about frustrating.  You want to troubleshoot the Vestalink issue and see whether the box is displaying registered, but can't get on first base with OBi's site being down - as were the forums.

I realize you can log into the IP address (which is what I was doing), but that's no consolation for those who are not as proficient with the interface.

I wonder how much of this has to do with the Heartbleed OpenSSL patch thing that's been all over the MSM.  Much of "encrypted" https traffic was apparently wide open to exploitation for nearly 2 years.  All the certifying authorities have to apply patches and re-issue certificates.  Seems like that alone could be gumming up the system.

Codesmith

Here is the explanation from their twitter and status page ...

"We experienced a database problem this morning that prevented logged out users from logging back in and making calls, the issue is resolved."