News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Free Conference call setup

Started by giqcass, February 27, 2013, 02:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

I have been playing around with Voice Gateways and speed dials.  Today as a test I set up conference calling on iptel.org.  I entered it as a speed dial in the following way.

SP3(000777624@iptel.org;ui=XXXXXX@iptel.org:PPPPPPP)

SP3 is set up as a sip provider.
000777624 = conference room 624
XXXXXX = my iptel user name
PPPPPPP = my password

(624 can be replaced with a number between 000 and 999 for different conference rooms.)

Now I can press 25# to get to the conference room.

I have decided to work this into my dial plan so I switched to conference room 624.  I did that for an easy to remember room.  624 on the telephone pad = obi

With this outbound dial plan I can type obi on my keypad to reach the conference room.
{(<624:000777624@iptel.org;ui=XXXXXX@iptel.org:PPPPPPP>):sp3}

Long live our new ObiLords!

Arghtastic

This looks like exactly like something I'd be interested in.  But I don't get it exactly.  Can you explain this in a little more detail--including the IPTel setup? 

giqcass

The above assumes that you have an account with iptel.  If you don't have an account you can leave off the password and user name.  These are PUBLIC conference rooms so anyone that dials in can join the call.  There are 1000 conference rooms and most seem to be empty.  000-999  In my example I randomly picked 624.  I picked SP3 because that slot is a sip provider on my Obi.

SP3(000777624@iptel.org)
Long live our new ObiLords!