News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo/OBiTALK Hints and Tips

Started by nh905, March 10, 2014, 11:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nh905

I recently signed up for the Anveo service to replace an existing VoIP service that was over-priced and under-function.  The installation process was simple and worked like a charm.  Actually figuring out how to configure the Anveo functionality provided more of a challenge.  This thread is intended to share hints and tips at getting the most out of Anveo.  If we all contribute our experiences, we will all become smarter!

Help information seemed quite skimpy when logged in.  The first tip is that a lot of information can be find on the public Anveo website under Anveo for Consumers on the Features tab (http://anveo.com/consumer/features.asp).  

nh905

There is a *123 star code that allows you to record a new voicemail greeting.  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6736.0 shows the OBiTALK configuration required to enable the *123 star code.

Although I have used OBiTALK before, I either forgot the magic incantation or the website has changed.  From the OBi Dashboard, click on the Home button just below My OBi Devices.  Scroll down and click on the OBi Expert Configuration button, accept the prompt and then click on the Enter OBi Expert button.  Expand Star Codes in the left navigator and select Star Code Profile A.  To set a new Code30 value, I had to uncheck ObiTALK Settings and then uncheck Device Default.

When callers get to your voicemail, your greeting will be followed by an automated message '... when finished, press the # key'.  The three options presented are replay, re-record and delete - I guess everyone just knows to hang up to save the voicemail.  I added a few words to my voicemail greeting to clarify this.

nh905

Anveo provides a very comprehensive set of tools for managing call flow.  I wanted to have calls go immediately to voicemail when I am away from my phone.  The IVR / Call Flow tab allows you to edit, delete and copy existing call flows and also create new ones from scratch or from templates. 

The default call flow has a SIP component that can be configured using the 'pencil' in the lower right corner.  The Advanced tab allows you to set the number of rings but not turn off rings completely.

The simple solution is to copy the Call Flow and remove the SIP component.  It was not obvious how to select which Call Flow was active/default.  By accident, I discovered the Phone Numbers / Manage Phone Numbers allowed me to edit settings associated with my phone number.  The Call Options tab allowed me to select the new Call Flow.  Obvious once you know...

AlanB

anm8tr

Hello,

I just recently got setup with Anveo, everything works great so far except for voice mail notification.
I read many posts regarding this problem but they were from 2012.

So right now I have call flows setup to email the voice mail messages and that works fine, but how the heck do we get a notification that a message has been left without checking email? There was an option for sms notification but it is not working, and does not send anything via sms.

Our phones have message indicator lights on them but those are not working either.

Any idea what;s going on? Anveo's lack of information or even a blog on their site is very frustrating!

Thx for any help!

c3c3

Quote from: anm8tr on March 12, 2014, 01:34:50 PM
Our phones have message indicator lights on them but those are not working either.

My phone works fine with the MWI.  I did not have to change any setting for it.

sailing

Hi anm8tr, I recently signed up for Anveo. There is a setting in the Obi that allows stutter on the phone line when you have voicemail. Under Phone>Calling Features, MWIEnable and VMWIEnable should be checked. That is its default but on mine, it wasn't. I believe all voicemail sends a signal. The ATA or phone must be able to accept it.

anm8tr

I did see a link stating the same. I checked those settings and they were on by default already. I just left Ringcentral and our phones used to have a blinking LED along with the stutter when there was a message available. I have no clue how to configure Anveo or OBI to let me know there are messages left, sans sending the vm recording to email. But that still does not suffice sufficiently.

It's pretty frustrating! 

ProfTech

With Anveo you must check the box ITSP Profile -> SIP -> X_MWISubscribe in your Obi. This should get it working. Not documened and Anveo is no help.

anm8tr

Hello,

Ok I will try that!  I did find that information in another forum outside Obi, but it was showing the box already check-marked via Obi settings. I unchecked the box and checked it manually. I will test and see if it takes.

Documentation for many companies is horrendous! If they don't want to pay the money to provide support, the least they could do is hire someone who knows how to write proper instructions.

Thx!

anm8tr

It is still not working for me even after checking: ITSP Profile -> SIP -> X_MWISubscribe

What's interesting is that my Obi202 at home is configured with Google voice using a cheap $20.00 wireless analog phone over 7 years old and the voice messaging functions work perfect! The LED on the phone blinks and it also stutters when you pick up the hand set. But it doesn't work on my expensive phones. Go figure!

I looked at the Google voice settings on my other OBI202 and "ITSP Profile -> SIP -> X_MWISubscribe" isn't checked either and just uses default Obi settings and it works perfectly!

ProfTech

Whether or not the box must be checked has nothing to do with the Obi. Some service providers require that the device [your Obi] must register to receive MWI messages and Anveo is one of them. Other service providers send out the MWI message all of the time and if the device does something with it, fine. If it ignores it that is Ok also. When you say you "manually" checked the box, are you using the ObiTalk portal to make changes or are you making the change in the local admin screen? You must make ALL changes one way or the other. If you originally "registered" the Obi using the internet page at Obitalk.com, you must make all changes through the portal. If you go back and make any change locally in the Obi it will be discarded, usually within an hour or so.

*edited* There is also a setting in your anveo setup under Account Prferences -> Account Options -> SIP Device registration. There is a checkbox "Enable MWI" that needs to be checked. I can't remember if it was checked by default or if I checked it.

anm8tr

Hi, I've made all the changes through the portal after registering the OBI there. So the check boxes were set by default during the configuration with Google and Anveo.

All we can do now is to check our email to see if there have been voice messages sent via Anveo.

c3c3

Have you tried resetting and re-provisioning the Obi box?

anm8tr

No I haven't tried that yet. I will do that and see what happens.

I had a question though, I have Callcentric setup on SP1. I tried Callcentric first and have a small balance left
on it so it is still configured until I use it up. I setup Anveo on SP2, I am keeping Anveo instead of CC.  So could there be a conflict that way?

c3c3

Don't know if having two service providers would create a conflict.  There is also a check box on the ObiTalk.com configuration page called "Voicemail Notification".  You should check that setting.

anm8tr

I checked those boxes too! I will try and re-provisioning the box.

anm8tr

Does anyone know of a way to add a "1" prefix to outgoing calling so that we don't have to enter it every time
we call? Ringcentral is looking better and better every day! They had a ton of flexibility and convenience, but at a steep cost. Their Iphone app was pretty cool too!

Ugh! that's the cost of trying to save a few dollars!

thx for any help!

anm8tr

Nevermind! I found it! It's located in the account preferences under SIP Device Registration,Sip Options,dialing format.

Much better now!

anm8tr

I now understand the justification for the higher cost by using a service that takes care of everything on their end. I was trying to do my boss a favor and be the office hero by saving his company money and now I have become the telephone service we just got rid of as well as insurance agent.

Total bummer doodz!