News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Poll What service will you use after XMPP goes away on May 15, 2014?

Started by giqcass, March 14, 2014, 02:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cluckercreek

Quote from: ceg3 on March 18, 2014, 08:47:50 AM
Maybe you old hands will be proven right in time.  Let's hope not for the sake of fellow members. In the meantime, to be fair, PhonePower is calling their approved plans OBi Lite and OBi Unlimited, which I imagine is with the approval of Obihai, but it is what it is.

I agree.

ozone

Free incoming DID and Callback using the Google Voice website

It's not about the money I have plenty of that.  It's the challenge of doing it all free ;)

giqcass

Quote from: ozone on March 20, 2014, 05:44:56 PM
Free incoming DID and Callback using the Google Voice website

It's not about the money I have plenty of that.  It's the challenge of doing it all free ;)

I could always use more money but I agree I like the challenge. It's kind of my version of extreme couponing. lol  That's why I have been working on a completely free solution using the Obi.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6892.0

With a little help from azrobert.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7456.0
Long live our new ObiLords!

carl

I left the el cheapo path a while ago and came to a conclusion that 'free'/very cheap and miserable is not something I need and that sometimes less is more.
the only challenge I would take up would be getting paid for every minute using the phone ( yes, you can do that now with toll free through Alcazar but you need volume) ;)

giqcass

Quote from: carl on March 20, 2014, 08:49:37 PM
I left the el cheapo path a while ago and came to a conclusion that 'free'/very cheap and miserable is not something I need and that sometimes less is more.
the only challenge I would take up would be getting paid for every minute using the phone ( yes, you can do that now with toll free through Alcazar but you need volume) ;)
That's an interesting program.  I can see how a company like Sispsorcery might be able to use this to offset other costs.  Not something the normal user could ever benefit from due to the volume of calls.  500k minutes per month!  That is a lot of traffic and at that rate it's only $500 for 500000 minute of calling or 278 hours per day.  LOL!

Ostracus

Quote from: carl on March 20, 2014, 08:49:37 PM

Just enroll in the friends, family, and folks plan. Reach out and touch everyone, just wash your hands afterwards.

giqcass

G-day is almost here!!!!!!!  I added newcomer Circlenet.