News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi100 as gateway for Grandstream GXP1400?

Started by RadioChuck, March 14, 2014, 05:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioChuck

Hello.

I am wondering if there's some kind of configuration guide (assuming it's possible) to use my OBi100 as a gateway for my Grandstream GXP1400 IP phone.

One of the main reasons I'd like to do this is for the 7 digit dialing offered with the OBi unit.  Callcentric doesn't seem to support this natively.  It would also be great if I could get some 'shared call appearance' functionality too, but I'm not counting on that.

Another thing I'm trying to sort out is a way to get some type of number setup so that I can program the phone to call Google Voice for message retrieval. Currently, my GV numbers are forwarding to the CC numbers (1 have 2 incoming lines) and the outgoing CID is setup through CC to display the GV numbers.  The Grandstream allows for a preprogrammed VM access code (see attached). I just can't seem to find such a number to access GV VM.

If anyone is able to help with any or all of these issues, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks in advance!

azrobert

If the GXP1400 can dial out without registration do the following:

OBi100

Service Provider -> SP2 Service

X_InboundCallRoute:
{GXP1400>(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1480xxxxxxx):sp1},{ph}

GXP1400

Server = 192.168.1.100:5061
UserID = GXP1400
Password = anything

192.168.1.100 is IP address of OBi100
5061 is the port number of SP2

You didn't specify any requirements or how the OBi100 is setup.
This example assumes SP2 is enabled and defined as SIP and you want the dialed number routed out SP1. Dial 18005551212 or 5551212 on the GXP1400 and the call will be routed out SP1. 480 is your local area code.

You can configure a GV forwarding number to go directly to VM when that number calls the GV number. This won't work if all your outbound trunks are spoofing a GV number.

Sign into your GV account.
Go to Settings
Click EDIT under a forwarding number.
Click Show Advanced Settings
Click Yes under Direct Access to VM
Click PIN not Require
Save

I don' know what 'shared call appearance' means.

RadioChuck

Thanks Robert... that's great info.

The OBi100 is currently servicing an analog phone that's tied to a Callcentric account.  That account is spoofing my GV number, so yeah, there's no direct dial into the VM system from there.

I'll give the settings a try and see what happens. Thanks!

azrobert

If Callcentric is on SP1, the GXP1400 will send the call to port 5060 (SP1). Then the OBi100 will send the outbound call to Callcentric out SP1. Each leg uses 1 session on the trunk. The default MaxSession on SP1 is 2. While using the GXP1400 on an outbound call, any inbound call will fail because you exceeded the MaxSession.

Do the following:

OBi100

Service Provider -> SP1 Service
MaxSessions: 4

I helped someone with a Yealink IP phone that didn't have a Registration option. Setting the Registration Timeout Period to zero setup the phone for no registration.

RadioChuck

I appreciate all of the info. In the interim, I've been fiddling with FreePBX/Asterisk with some pretty decent results.  The only hangup has been the issue of not getting any incoming calls. Working with their tech support now to try and resolve the issue.

If all works out, I may just port the two numbers out of Google to Callcentric and use the FreePBX voicemail.

Thanks again for all of your advice.