News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

intermittant disconnects during outbound calls

Started by rousseau1, June 18, 2014, 04:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rousseau1

Within the past couple months my Obi 110 would disconnect while I was on an outgoing call (including today 06-18-14) for reasons uncertain to me.
I still use GV for SP1 and SP2 and my FW ver. 2776  and according to the Expert Configuration an uptime of 4 days which I assume means  there the were no reboots today, so I am puzzled why my phone calls "mysteriously disconnect" any help on this would be much appreciated, thanks in advance. 
OBI 110

kgjulie

I'm having the same issue on my Obi202.  Initially I thought it was PhonePower, as the problem did not exist before I switched to PhonePower just before May 15.  It disconnected me to a dial tone during an important conference call with my office and a client.  I switched back to GV on SP3 several days ago, but the problem is still happening.  Today it cut me off during two or three short calls (thankfully it was with a family member and not a client).

I wonder if the router it's connected to is starting to go?  Has anyone else had Obi or call issues that were solved by a new router?  Mine is probably 6-7 years old at this point.

Thanks for any help.

MikeHObi

The issue can be due to many reasons.  Anytime I have dropped call I first check the obi to see if it reboot itself.  If it did, then it's an obi problem.

If that didn't happen I check the logs for the last call in the obi as well as in the provider of the outgoing channel.
If I need more information I setup sysloging and monitor during a call.

Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Mango

If I were you, I'd set up Wireshark and use it as a syslog/debug server to see if that gives me any clue as to the problem.  I would also check my router's log to see if any events coincide with the disconnects.

Was this a call received or made via the LINE port?  If so, you could try to increase  PSTN Disconnect Detection SilenceTimeThreshold to something like 300 or even 900.

SteveInWA

The reference to the device's LINE port was a question to determine if your dropped calls were caused by an issue unique to having an external telephone line (POTS or some other VoIP service) plugged into the LINE port.  Unlike all the other OBi products, the 110 has a line port, to enable users to make use of an existing analog telephone line as a way to place or receive calls, or to act as a calling bridge.  It brings its own set of problems to the troubleshooting (related to issues with whatever telephone service is plugged into that port).  Since you aren't using it, it's moot.

Like Mike said on June 30th, the problem could be caused by anything related to your ISP, your router's configuration, other stuff on your home network causing severe latency or dropouts, etc.  I agree with Mike and Mango that the definitive troubleshooting procedure would be to analyze the network traffic.

Aside from that, some GV users do experience call disconnections.  It used to be more of a problem, but Google has greatly reduced this issue.  To determine whether you have a GV issue, or an OBi issue, you'd need to use your GV/Hangouts service without your OBi for a while, to see if the problem continues.  Of course, if the trouble goes away, it'll point to the OBi.