News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Network error for disconnected OBi110

Started by BruceFerjulian, September 07, 2014, 06:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceFerjulian

SUMMARY: Using a OBi110 to pre-screen calls via "Auto Attendant" fails if no network is connected.

Trying to setup an OBi110 to pre-screen calls to announce business hours via a pre-recored message in the "Auto Attendent" will only announce the pre-recored message if network is connected.

A full description of what I am trying to accomplish can be referenced at the following post. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8533.0

It is working well but the final solution should not need a network connection to function. If the network is disconnected, instead of getting the "Auto Attendant" message, the caller will receive a "Network Error" message instead.

I can see a solution in addition to my need a great stand-alone device to keep annoying telemarketers at bay. Instead of my message you could leave something like.

YOU HAVE REACHED (XXXXX), WE WILL NOT TAKE CALLS FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS. SOLICITATIONS TO SELL PRODUCTS, SURVEYS, POLITICAL INQUIRIES. PRESS ONE (1) TO CONTINUE YOUR CALL.

The only downside to both my need and any extended solution is, even if the device has a network link under normal conditions, it will stop working if you loose your network connection, say your switch/router dies.

azrobert

I have an OBi110 connected to a PSTN line.

I disconnected the OBi110 from my router (unplugged the ethernet cable) and called my PSTN line. I was connected to the AA custom prompt.

BruceFerjulian

You may want to restart, ( power cycle ) before you claim success.

I thought I was all set to go, then powered down the unit overnight, ( outside of dhcp renew ) and moved it to it's final resting place. I was there it would give the network error when dialing into the FXO port. All I did to make everything happy again was plug in the network, no configuration changes. Yes, I did have a drop where I put the OBi110, but didn't want to burn a network port if I didn't have to, looks like I had to.

-Bruce-