News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi202 vs obi110

Started by Malachi123, March 25, 2014, 12:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi123

Hi! At this moment I'm using two obi110's and I was wondering if I could simply replace those two separate lines (and devices) by 1 obi202. It says it has two ports, but does that mean you can have two phones on 1 line or do you have two separate lines?

Hope I made myself clear..  :) If not, please let me know!

drgeoff

You can connect 2 phones.  Each of those can:

1.  Connect to the other phone.

2.  Connect to any of 4 Service providers.

3.  Connect to the OBiTALK network

4.  With an optional OBiLINE connect to a POTS (PSTN) line.

5.  With an optional OBiBT use a Bluetooth enabled cellphone to make or receive calls on the cellphone network.

Incoming calls from each 'line' can be directed to either or both of the phones.

Malachi123

Thanks drgeoff. So basically I can replace my two obi110's by 1 obi202 and use two lines.

QBZappy

Quote from: Malachi123 on March 25, 2014, 12:21:35 PM
Thanks drgeoff. So basically I can replace my two obi110's by 1 obi202 and use two lines.

To be clear, there is no PSTN lines on the OBi202. Sip and ObiTALK services only.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

giqcass

Quote from: QBZappy on March 25, 2014, 02:50:44 PM
Quote from: Malachi123 on March 25, 2014, 12:21:35 PM

To be clear, there is no PSTN lines on the OBi202. Sip and ObiTALK services only.

What he said but to elaborate that the Obiline adds pstn connection if you decide to add it.  Only 1 Obiline adapter per Obi202.  2 Obi Bluetooth adapters per Obi202.  There is only 1 usb port so if you use multiple adapters get a small usb hub. File sharing also available if you plug a usb thumdrive in.

As mentioned above there are 4 available sip providers.  Each Sip provider can be set to ring any of the following
Phone port1, Phone port2, or both.  Each phone port can be set to use any of the Sip providers as the primary outgoing call service.  You can also press ** and 1-4 to choose between service providers for individual calls.  You can dial # on a phone connected to the Obi 202 to ring phones connected to the other phone port.  It kind of works like dialing an extension.  If you want certain callers based on Caller ID to ring both ports you can do that as well. Consider that an advanced feature that needs a little more setup.

Now on to my personal opinion of both devices since I now own both.  I absolutely love my Obi202.  If I had to choose between them that is what I would choose. 

If you do upgrade your old Obi110s would be a great gift to give to family or friends.  Then you can call each other for free using the Obi talk network.  They don't need to sign up for any service to use the Obitalk network.
Long live our new ObiLords!