News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone power for Obihai questions about the service.

Started by giqcass, March 16, 2014, 07:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

Here are the features they list on their website for regular members.  Which of these are available if we purchase service through Obihai?  

These seem to be available.
Enhanced 911
Free International Minutes  (Obi unlimited) 60 min/month of international calling to 55 countries
VoiceMail
VoiceMail-to-Email
Incoming Caller ID with Name
Call Waiting
Fax Catcher
7-Day Customer Support
Local & Long Distance Dialing

Number porting.  Click here for a detailed post about porting.
Quote from: RJH_MI on March 21, 2014, 12:32:05 PM
I signed up using the obitalk portal and chose a new nuimber in my area.   After the service was up and running,  I sent an email to their billing department with the information that they would need to port my number away from AT&T.    3 days later and my number has been ported over to my new Phonepower service.

Fee for porting.
Quote from: RJH_MI on March 24, 2014, 05:33:12 AM
There was a $15 additional charge to my credit card.   I assume this was for the number port, although I didn't receive a receipt for this charge.

What about these?
Free Second Line
VoiceMail Viewer
Web Based Call Logs
Online Account Management
Remote VoiceMail Access
Do Not Disturb
Incoming Call Routing
Outbound Caller ID Block
Anonymous Caller Rejection
Block List
Outgoing Caller ID with Name
Call Waiting Caller ID
Simultaneous Ring
Call Forwarding
Speed Dial
Contact List
Call Hold
Directory Assistance Block
Operator Block
Softphone
7, 10 & 11 Digit Dialing
*69 Call Return
3-Way Conference Calling
Bring Your Own Device
Free In-Network Calling
Refer A Friend
30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Bandwidth Saver
211 Community Service
311 City Service
811 Call-Before-You-Dig Service
Click2Call
Remote Click2Call
International Call Block
Failsafe
Phone Power iPhone App
Mobile Website
Knowledge Base
511 Traveler Information
Call Notifications
Long live our new ObiLords!

Felix

Obviously, the only "authoritative" source is PhonePower themselves; but I used Obi with their service, and all relevant features were included. It was Obi100, so the big thing that was missing was "cloned second line" - therefore I switched back to their Grandstream. I would assume that with Obi202 this would be in place as well.

giqcass

Quote from: Felix on March 16, 2014, 09:57:28 PM
Obviously, the only "authoritative" source is PhonePower themselves; but I used Obi with their service, and all relevant features were included. It was Obi100, so the big thing that was missing was "cloned second line" - therefore I switched back to their Grandstream. I would assume that with Obi202 this would be in place as well.
It sounds like you purchased service through phonepower directly.  Is that correct?  I am curious if the service differs for those that purchased through Obhai. 

Felix

Correct. Service through Obihai has only been available for a few weeks. That's why I am saying that the best way  is to ask PP directly... We peons can only guess!

BravoKilo

I asked phonepower sales dept if I could port my number to their OBi unlimited plan and they said there is currently no support for number porting into their OBi plans.  I am an existing Broadvoice user and confirmed there is no option to convert from Broadvoice to Phonepower-OBi plan and keep the same number either (I asked because phonepower acquired broadvoice).

giqcass

Quote from: BravoKilo on March 17, 2014, 08:25:47 PM
I asked phonepower sales dept if I could port my number to their OBi unlimited plan and they said there is currently no support for number porting into their OBi plans.  I am an existing Broadvoice user and confirmed there is no option to convert from Broadvoice to Phonepower-OBi plan and keep the same number either (I asked because phonepower acquired broadvoice).
I updated my list of features at the top of the page to reflect your comment.

RJH_MI

I would like to clear up some mis-information about the OBI-Phonepower plan.

I signed up for it about a week ago.   Before I signed up I called their support and billing departments to ask about porting my number over to them.  While they confirmed that it could not be done at the time of signing up,  they could do it after my account was signed up.

I signed up using the obitalk portal and chose a new nuimber in my area.   After the service was up and running,  I sent an email to their billing department with the information that they would need to port my number away from AT&T.    3 days later and my number has been ported over to my new Phonepower service.

So  far I am very happy with the support that they have provided.  It's nice to know that everyone you talk to will be from the United States.   No off-shore support departments.

giqcass

@RJH_MI   Thanks for clearing that up.  I edited the first post to reflect my error and I added the very helpful information you gave us about the actual process or porting your number.

bsdaiwa

Quote from: giqcass on March 21, 2014, 01:38:52 PM
@RJH_MI   Thanks for clearing that up.  I edited the first post to reflect my error and I added the very helpful information you gave us about the actual process or porting your number.

Was there a cost to port the number, if so, what was it?
Thanks

BravoKilo

I tried to find the fee for number port-in, and the only thing I could find on their web page was $15 buried in this FAQ:
http://www.phonepower.com/wiki/Basic_Information

giqcass

Quote from: BravoKilo on March 23, 2014, 11:06:03 AM
I tried to find the fee for number port-in, and the only thing I could find on their web page was $15 buried in this FAQ:
http://www.phonepower.com/wiki/Basic_Information

I assume you mean this.

QuoteCan I Try the Service Without Committing?

Yes, we do offer monthly plans with no contract and no cancellation fee!

If you do not wish to transfer your current telephone number to Phone Power to try out the service, we can also provide you with a new local telephone number.

• Note: If you select a New telephone number and then later wish to transfer your current telephone number to Phone Power, there is a $15 number change fee that is applied when the phone number is changed.

RJH_MI

There was a $15 additional charge to my credit card.   I assume this was for the number port, although I didn't receive a receipt for this charge.

giqcass

Quote from: RJH_MI on March 21, 2014, 12:32:05 PM
I signed up using the obitalk portal and chose a new nuimber in my area.   After the service was up and running,  I sent an email to their billing department with the information that they would need to port my number away from AT&T.    3 days later and my number has been ported over to my new Phonepower service.
Did you get to keep the new number you chose?  That would be good for a fax number?

RJH_MI

No,  The number I chose at time of signup was returned to Phone Power when my number port was completed.

I don't really have a need for a fax anyway.   I don't think I have needed a fax machine in the last 5 years.

KenNH

Regarding Porting.

I signed up for PhonePower through the ObiTalk link as well. I too was not given an opportunity to port. I chatted with a support technician and he told me that I had to contact sales and billing. When they were available, I chatted with one of their sales people. She told me that I needed to send an email to sales requesting to port in my number authorizing a $15 charge with the following information:

Number to port
Account #
PIN (for your carrier who currently has the number; call their support if you do not know it)

This is the email I sent to them:

Subject: Port Number to Existing Account

Please port my existing mobile number to my service with you.

Number to port: XXXXXXXXXX
Carrier: XX
Account #: XXXXXXXXXX
PIN: XXXXXX
PhonePower User ID: XXXX

I do *not* wish to keep the number assigned to me by
PhonePower, XXXXXXXXXX. I authorize a $15.00 charge to my credit card on
file for the porting fee.

giqcass

@ KenNH   Very good detailed post.  Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

almax00

Quote from: KenNH on March 25, 2014, 05:07:20 PM
Regarding Porting.

Number to port
Account #
PIN (for your carrier who currently has the number; call their support if you do not know it)

i don't remember setting and couldn't find a PIN for my GV number.
is a PIN required if you want to port your GV number?

i went with PP. no problems so far xcept it seems like a long delay between dialing a number
and hear ringing start.

thank you.

giqcass

Click here for the information Google provides about porting.  You didn't set a pin.  The carrier sets that. I Think the pin is just your Google Voice number after you unlock it.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.  All ports will fail until you unlock your GV number.

c3c3

The only PIN associated with GV is the one for the voicemail.  Porting from GV to Anveo does not require any PIN.

almax00

Quote from: c3c3 on March 26, 2014, 02:16:59 AM
The only PIN associated with GV is the one for the voicemail.  Porting from GV to Anveo does not require any PIN.

thank you c3c3 and giqcass

alank