News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Simultaneous calls handling

Started by sidlog, March 19, 2014, 06:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidlog

Hello,

I use Obi100 for the last couple of months and really like the service. I have SIP provider allowing me calls for "free" to some landlines. It is configured on ObiTalk under as SP1.

Recently I installed ObiOn on 4 mobile devises I use (different accounts). Works great.

However I detected today something new (at least to me) - when me and my wife called simultaneously to 2 different numbers that supposed to be "free" (as they are part of the call plan), I checked the calls status and discovered that indeed one of the calls was for free, but the other one that started 10 seconds after the first one, was not "free".

Since Obi100 allows 2 SIPs, I wondered if I can define SP2 exactly as SP1, how can I make it work in such a way that first call will be placed through SP1 and the second one through SP2 ?
Or alternatively, how can I block the second call if the first call is already ongoing ?

Any suggestions ?

Thank you,
Sam

drgeoff

I don't know if this will have the desired effect, but you can try it and let us know.

On the OBi, under Voice Services, SP1 Service (and SP2), in the section Calling Features there is a line MaxSessions with the default value of 2.  Try changing it to 1.

sidlog

The proposed solution allowed to block a call when another one (from the same account ) was already placed.

My question is how can I define that once a called placed on SP1, the second call (placed almost at the same time) will be placed on SP2 ?

Any idea ?

Sam

drgeoff

Have a search on the forum for 'Trunk Groups'.