News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't make or receive GV calls - 12:00 EST today

Started by Rick, March 17, 2014, 09:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Got a call around 11:30 that worked just fine (but is interestingly NOT in the call log on the OBi).  Someone tried to call at 12:00, 3 times, and could not get through.  Didn't leave a voicemail.  I tried to call them, got the blah, blah 503 message.

Rebooted OBi, no change.  Shows Connected on both GV numbers. 

Got on the PC, tried to have GV call make the call through my house phone, nope.  Nor my cell.  So it's clearly a GV problem, has nothing to do with the OBi it appears.

sofya

Same here. I'm at Central zone. Does anybody knows what is going on? My phone goes to busy signal and then it says that provider? rejected this? phone number, which means any number and gives error code 503.

Rick

KevKan

Is this outage just a test exercise to show what will happen on May 15, 2014?

mo832

Same thing here. GV incoming or outgoing don't work. When I tried to refresh my GV web page on the PC, I got a generic error 502 screen from Google. GV appears to be down.

As for the test run, GV is supposed to be working as always after 5/15. Just certain features won't work the same, especially those that integrate with the Obi hardware.

imno007

Same thing here. When I try to dial out I get the 503 error.

I'm also having big problems with this website, for the record. Pages loads are often timing out, and take forever if they do load. Double-whammy.

imno007

GV is working for me again, thankfully. I had seen comments from others online who said their service was back up when mine was still down, so if yours still isn't working give it a little longer, it should be okay again soon.

FormerYooper

DocM

obitalk forum is SLOWWW
All google voice lines stopped working @ 12 PM EST
Then one of my lines reactivated later.

Waiting for the rest of the lines to be fixed but I'm inadvertently glad this issue came up since I discovered the May 2014 issue with Google and its crack down on Google Voice 3rd party apps ...  :-\

At least, now I have a heads up notice to handle it.

Rick

Quote from: KevKan on March 17, 2014, 10:17:19 AM
Is this outage just a test exercise to show what will happen on May 15, 2014?

Of course that's what it is.  Google disabled their entire Talk/Hangabouts functionality just to see what's going to happen when the hundreds (maybe thousands) of OBi users run into problems in May...   ;)

z15f

It had stopped work from around 10 am EST till about 2:45 pm EST for me. It is now working fine.

Rick

My outage was very clearly from just before noon EST to around 3 EST, I received a phone call at 11:30 but it's not in the OBi log.  I would like to blame the entire incident on my mother, who was the 11:30 call...   :D  I will give you all her phone number to complain to, she likes talking on the phone.   ::)

smithduluth

Obitalk was down... I could not access their website...  Google voice forwarded calls to my cell phone just fine.