News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiPhone 1062 Stuck in Infinite Boot Loop: Loading Application

Started by TheSaint, April 24, 2018, 01:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSaint

I have an Obiphone 1062 that is stuck in an infinite loop of the initialization stage before the phone loads the home screen.

First the Obihai technology logo loads, then it says "network initializing", then "loading application...". A few seconds after it gets to the "loading application" phase, the screen goes black and starts the reboot sequence all over again.

I do not know if it is related, but just prior to the issue showing up, I was attempting to delete a contact that didn't have any name in the phone, just a phone number. The phone locked up, then started rebooting non-stop.

Questions:

1. Is there a way to factory reset the phone without the operating system being loaded? Such a certain keypad series of pushes, or a reset pin (I looked for a reset button on the bottome but didn't see one).

I was reading the manual for the Obiphone 1062, and it references a factory reset, but that only accessable if the operating system is loaded:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/877628/Obihai-Obi1062.html?page=182#manual

2. If it isn't possible to factory reset the phone, how can I initiate an RMA? I purchased the phone directly from amazon.com on Mar 14, 2018. It is just outside of an exchange window with Amazon, so it looks like warranty service is in order if a factory reset isn't possible.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

TheSaint

Thank you azrobert, I was able to factory reset the phone and reconfigure it. Hopefully it was just a temporary glitch. Appreciate the help!