News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issues upgrading the firware on Obi200

Started by sidlog, March 19, 2014, 09:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidlog

According to the note on the firmware upgrade it was stated that it is possible to invoke a firmware upgrade when devices that have been added to OBiTALK will see an associated yellow triangle  which can be selected to invoke an automated update process.

Well, I see the yellow triangle, but when I press on it I simply open the post regarding the firmware update.

In addition, under "status" my device shows something like that ( please also take a look in the picture)

Registered (server=77.72.174.128:5060; expire in 29s)
Register Failed: 403 Forbidden (Bad auth) (server=46.19.208.89:5060; retrying)

How shall I resolve this ?

Sam

drgeoff

1.  There is more than one way to upgrade the firmware but for you the easiest is to start by dialling ***6.

2.  Authorisation failure usually means wrong name or password.

sidlog

I do not think it is related with wrong name or password could as I make / receive calls...

drgeoff

Quote from: sidlog on March 19, 2014, 09:40:47 AM
I do not think it is related with wrong name or password could as I make / receive calls...

If you can receive calls on a SIP account it must be registered.

giqcass

Redacted! lol

Firmware authorization uses a different user name / Password combination.  You didn't manually enter any info into any of the firmware update fields did you?  What firmware version do you have?  
Long live our new ObiLords!

drgeoff

Quote from: giqcass on March 19, 2014, 02:14:53 PM
Firmware authorization uses a different user name / Password combination.  You didn't manually enter any info into any of the firmware update fields did you?  What firmware version do you have? 
I fear you are in danger of adding confusion.  :(.  Please read the first post carefully.

giqcass

Quote from: drgeoff on March 19, 2014, 02:21:42 PM
Quote from: giqcass on March 19, 2014, 02:14:53 PM
Firmware authorization uses a different user name / Password combination.  You didn't manually enter any info into any of the firmware update fields did you?  What firmware version do you have?  
I fear you are in danger of adding confusion.  :(.  Please read the first post carefully.
I re-read the post.  drgeoff is correct. You can ignore my prior comment.  

It looks like you are using one of the betamax providers for SP1 based on the website.  There shouldn't be any incompatibility issues there.  It looks like that's fine

SIP port : 5060
   Registrar : sip.freevoipdeal.com   Current IP Address: 77.72.174.128
   Proxy server : sip.freevoipdeal.com
   Outbound proxy server : leave empty
   Account name : your FreeVoipDeal username
   Password : your FreeVoipDeal password
   Display name/number : your FreeVoipDeal username or voipnumber
   Stunserver (option) : stun.freevoipdeal.com

I'm trying to see what you are using on SP2.  There seems to be a problem on SP2 since it says registration failed.  The Ip address is a little weird because I can't trace it to a host name.  That's kind of unusual although it's very unlikely that has anything to do with the firmware issue.  Let us know if what drgeoff suggested works.  If you want more help resolving the SP2 issue let us know what provider you are using. I think it might be ww.mydivert.com.

Quote from: drgeoff on March 19, 2014, 09:38:45 AM
1.  There is more than one way to upgrade the firmware but for you the easiest is to start by dialling ***6.

2.  Authorisation failure usually means wrong name or password.

drgeoff

Quote from: giqcass on March 19, 2014, 04:07:58 PM.... although it's very unlikely that has anything to do with the firmware issue.
The only issue with the firmware upgrade was sidlog's expectation that clicking on the yellow triangle in OBi Dashboard would initiate the upgrade process.

giqcass

Quote from: drgeoff on March 19, 2014, 04:37:06 PM
Quote from: giqcass on March 19, 2014, 04:07:58 PM.... although it's very unlikely that has anything to do with the firmware issue.
The only issue with the firmware upgrade was sidlog's misguided expectation that clicking on the yellow triangle in OBi Dashboard would initiate the upgrade process.

I don't use the portal so I'm no expert in that realm. 

drgeoff

Me neither but I think it currently has some problems.  For example, the 'remove' button in Circles of Trust doesn't.

themessiah

I have the icon that there is an update but;
1. i click on the icon and nothing happens
2. i dial ***6 and the lady says no update available

Oh well ...