News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help with no incoming on Localphone DID

Started by VoipDude, March 19, 2014, 05:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoipDude

I purchased a Localphone subscription, and set it up on SP1 of my Obi110. Outgoing calls work fine. I then purchased a Localphone DID and configured in Localphone dashboard to forward to the voip phone. When I call the DID it does not ring the Obi. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also submitted a ticket to Localphone, but that's a slow process.

giqcass

Welcome to the forum.

Lets start by adding a stun server.  You can use this one.
stun.ideasip.com

Number 2 who is your internet service provider?  In particular if you have a 2 wire modem from U-verse you may need to make some changes.

You may need to forward port 5060 to your Obi.

Long live our new ObiLords!

VoipDude

I added the stun server as suggested, but no luck.

I have centurylink as ISP provider. I do not have a 2-wire modem from U-Verse.

I tried downloading the softphone from LoacalPhone, and that works fine with incoming calls. So, there is some setting on the Obi that is preventing this. Any other provider I have used on the Obi has had no problem with incoming.

Any other ideas?

giqcass

giqcass

Do you have ProxyServer & RegistrarServer  set to localphone.com?
Does  X_InboundCallRoute  = ph ?

carl

Okay, log into your router/gateway settings and put your Obi into DMZ. If it works, its a NAT issue and you have to cancel your Localphone ticket right away. You  can work on that later.
If it does not , reset your Obi into factory settings.Re configure localphone. Do not mess with in or outbound calling routes.Or anything else. Check whether it works properly on incoming calls.
Once that works, you can keep on tweaking. If not, try to contact Localphone indeed.

VoipDude

I will try these ideas & post my results.

VoipDude

Quote from: giqcass on March 19, 2014, 07:27:37 PM
Do you have ProxyServer & RegistrarServer  set to localphone.com?
Does  X_InboundCallRoute  = ph ?

These settings did not work.

giqcass

Quote from: carl on March 19, 2014, 08:03:08 PM
Okay, log into your router/gateway settings and put your Obi into DMZ. If it works, its a NAT issue and you have to cancel your Localphone ticket right away. You  can work on that later.
If it does not , reset your Obi into factory settings.Re configure localphone. Do not mess with in or outbound calling routes.Or anything else. Check whether it works properly on incoming calls.
Once that works, you can keep on tweaking. If not, try to contact Localphone indeed.
You should definitely try the DMZ suggestion for the purpose of debugging then try the factory reset if needed.