News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID Forwarding

Started by Hadi, March 20, 2014, 02:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

Quote from: Hadi on March 23, 2014, 07:24:35 AM
I don't use any SIP or Google voice. It is very simple:

POTS→Obi1→Obi2.  

So when anyone calls my local phone, it transfers to OBi2 but the caller ID on the OBi2 shows OBi1's number.  

I may have missed this. Is OBi1 & OBi2 connected to the same router (LAN), or is OBi2 connected over the internet (WAN)?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Hadi

OBi1 and OBi2 are connected over the internet.

MikeHObi

Just to clarify.  What is going on here is call forwarding between two obi's via Callcentric SIP accounts.  There is no transferring going on.  No Obi to Obi communication.  It is Obi to Callcentric and then Callcentric to Obi.

Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Hadi

Quote from: MikeHObi on March 26, 2014, 07:46:39 AM
Just to clarify.  What is going on here is call forwarding between two obi's via Callcentric SIP accounts.  There is no transferring going on.  No Obi to Obi communication.  It is Obi to Callcentric and then Callcentric to Obi.

At the beginning of this post, I just connected OBi1 and OBi2 through obitalk. So all callings from pots to OBi1 can transfer to OBi2 but the problem is that the OBi2 just shows the OBi1's number (200123456) then QBZappy told me use SIP such as SiptoSip or callcentric and transfer from pots on OBi1 to OBi2 through SIP. Again OBi2 received all but the CID just shows the SIP number on OBi1.    

QBZappy

@Hadi,

Do you have this setting at default?
Voice Services->OBiTALK Service Settings->DisplayName =?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Hadi

No, I have this setting at OBitalk setting and there is no name and it is blank.