News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trusted caller can not bypass auto attendant

Started by bcassetty, April 01, 2014, 08:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcassetty

I have an obi100 and I have my cell phone listed as a trusted number so I can make calls from my sip number via my cell. I would like to have the option to be able to make the home phone attached to the obi ring when I call my GV # so someone at the house can answer. If I call the sip number I can hit 1 to make it ring through to the attached phone with no problem. If I call my GV number it is a different attendant voice and my only option is to enter my pin to check VM and make outbound calls. It won't let me ring through when calling the GV number. I realize the simple answer is to just call the sip number but it would be nice if it worked with both.

What am I missing here?

I have PhonePower unlimited Obi as a sip provider. I have my GV number forwarded to the number the sip provider assigned me. I do not have GV set up as a sip in the Obi.

Taoman

Are you blocking anonymous callers? PhonePower supports *67 which may allow you to ring through.

azrobert

I think your phone is setup as a GV forwarding number and it's also setup to automatically go to GV VM.

Sign into your GV account.
Click on the Gear Icon.
Click Settings.
Click EDIT under the forwarding number.
Click Show Advanced Settings.
Under VoiceMail Access click NO.
Click SAVE.

KAura

different attendant voice??

Are you getting the Google Attendant?

Many have made the following mistake...
they put in the forwarding # but did put