News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to use Auto Attendant (dial in SP1 and access SP2)

Started by dpang, March 21, 2014, 01:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpang

I have setup the following configuation:

SP1 (Callcentric)
SP2 (Hong Kong VoIP, i.e., HKBN, 2b)

What I want to do is to setup Auto Attendant (AA) allowing us to call in SP1 and let me dial out on SP2.
When I dial in the AA accept and I am able to dial (2) **1 408 555 1212# to a local number on SP1.
However, I am not able to dial (2) **2 1234 5678#. There is no dial tone etc.  I tried it using OBIon and from a regular landline and both would not let me dial SP2 from outside. I also tried setting the DTMF method on SP2 to be InBand as well. It just won't dial out.

Can you help?

drgeoff

Have a look at Call History (only available on the OBi's local web interface).  You should see the details of the two parts of the call.

dpang

I looked at the call history, and it says that the calls are bridged. However, there is no audio on SP1 (see log below)

Call 1   03/21/2014    19:58:48   

19:58:48   From AA1   To SP2(12345)
19:58:50      Ringing
19:58:50      Call Connected
19:58:50   New Peer: 'My Name' SP1(12121234567)   Transfer Target
(Bridged, Continue at Ref:42825)

giqcass

Have you verified that both services have fully functioning audio both in and out?  I would do some echo tests to start.  One on each sp using a phone connected to the Obi if possible.   Which Obi are you using and on what firmware?
Long live our new ObiLords!

dpang

I have verified that if I use the phone attached to the OBI to dial either sp1 or sp2 would work. The only thing that wouldn't work is to use the AA to dial out from SP1 (Callcentric) to SP2 (HKBN 2b). Only thing is that there is no audio via the bridged call.

giqcass

You could see if dialing in to the device then dialing out the Obi echo test will work.
**9 222 222 222

If both services are working I'm a little perplexed as to why the whole thing isn't working.  It looks to me like the Obi attempted to bridge the calls. I guess there "might" be a problem with the different codecs but it seems unlikely.  It's possible to test that theory by only enabling one codec at a time well attempting the call.  Then switch to the next codec ect.  I tried looking at the HKBN 2b website but I wasn't able to find any useful information about their service.  The English site isn't very helpful.

dpang

The echo test (by dialing into the device via AA and then do a **9 222 222 222) would work. Audio in and Audio out is perfect. Only issue is that I can't hear any audio from the HKBN (SP2, by dialing **2 #######). I know it rings the other side.

Also, it works perfectly if I use call any Hong Kong number via HKBN directly using the phone attached without going thru' the AA) Audio works and even DTMF signal works as well.

I am a bit puzzled as to why. Which codec and on which side (SP1 or SP2?)

giqcass

A good place to start might be to find a codec that is known working for both providers.  Then disable all the other codecs for both services. The point is to force the Obi to use the same codec on both sides of the call to see if some kind of mismatch is happening.

dpang

From Where I can setup the codec for either SP1 or SP2?

drgeoff

Voice Services, SP1 Service, X_CodecProfile select A or B.  Then Codecs, Codec Profile A (or B) list the various codecs with an 'Enable' tick box for each one.

I don't know if the OBi bridges the calls after decoding the audio back to linear PCM and encoding it again or if it does directly pass the encoded audio from the first leg to the second one.

Does looking at Status, Call Status while such a silent call is in progress shed any more light?

dpang

I have just bought a OBILine as well. To my disbelief, when I dian my POTS line it event didn't ring my other phones attached on the device as well, even I enabled this in the OBI configuration. I am not too sure if I have a faulty unit which just can't bridge the call. I will check on the call status when it says it bridges.

dpang

I gather the following info from the Call Status page when the bridge occur (which has no audio) does it mean anything at all?

Call 1                Terminal 1                                  Terminal 2
Audio Codec   tx=G729; rx=G711U (bridged)   tx=G711U; rx=G729 (bridged)

giqcass

Quote from: dpang on March 22, 2014, 02:03:33 PM
I have just bought a OBILine as well. To my disbelief, when I dian my POTS line it event didn't ring my other phones attached on the device as well, even I enabled this in the OBI configuration. I am not too sure if I have a faulty unit which just can't bridge the call. I will check on the call status when it says it bridges.

First make sure your firmware supports the Obiline. 

I installed an Obiline on a OBi202 and I had some issues.  Here is where my issues came from.  There were changes to the OutboundCallRoutes that needed to be made.  There may also be other changes I am unaware of. The easiest way to be sure everything is working properly after installation might be to reset the Obi to factory defaults. If that isn't a good option for you then you can try making manual changes or just try setting the OutboundCallRoutes to defaults.

dpang

I have the latest firmware 3.0.1 (Build 4330) which supports OBILine starting build 4041. And, where is the OutboundCallRoutes ?

Also, I am still having trouble in bridging calls. The only thing that works so far is the phones attached to the OBI Device. (**9 222 222 222, echo test would work as well aided by the AA)

It is very frustrated to get this piece of hardware to work the way they claimed to do.