News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 100 to Obi 110 bridge

Started by HH235, March 22, 2014, 06:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HH235

I have an OBI 110, Obi 100, and a Vonage number.  I want to set it up so family, friends, etc can call my vonage #, the 110 would pick up and either route my calls to my connected phone where the 110 is or to the 100 which is in another location.

Does anyone know where the instructions are for setting up this up?

I'm sure this has been asked before.  Sorry.

drgeoff

By 'Vonage number' do you mean that you also have a hardware box which will ring a connected phone when the number is called?

If yes, the first step is to plug a cable between that phone port on the Vonage box and the LINE port on the OBi110 and plug a phone into the OBi110's PHONE port.  With default settings on the OBi110 the phone should ring when the Vonage number is called.

The second step is to 'fork' incoming calls to that phone and the OBi100 so that both phones will ring and the first one to answer will take the call.  The easiest way to do that is to change (on the 110) Physical Interfaces, Line Port, InBoundCallRoute from ph (its default value) to {ph, pp(123456789)} where 123456789 is the 9 digit OBi number on the bottom of the OBi100.

You don't need to use or disturb any other Service Provider settings on either OBi.

HH235

Thanks.  I am sorry i wasn't clear.  I actually ended up purchasing an OBI 202.  And I dont know how to set it up.  I'd like to call the Obi 202 using my Obi 100 then have the 202 bridge to my Vonage line.
Can you help?
thanks!

drgeoff

Quote from: HH235 on April 10, 2014, 03:06:55 PM
Thanks.  I am sorry i wasn't clear.  I actually ended up purchasing an OBI 202.  And I dont know how to set it up.  I'd like to call the Obi 202 using my Obi 100 then have the 202 bridge to my Vonage line.
Can you help?
thanks!
1.  You still are not clear!

2.  You cannot connect an OBi202 directly to a Vonage adapter.  The sockets on both of them are meant to have a phone plugged in.  You can connect the phone socket on a Vonage adapter to the LINE port of an Obi110 or to the LINE port of the optional OBiLINE accessory for the OBi202.

3.  If you have the credentials for your Vonage number, you can configure the OBi202 as a substitute for the Vonage adapter.  However that is a big "if".  I don't know if the credentials are readily obtainable from Vonage.

Usetheforceobiwan

If it were me, I would set up a multi ring or forwarding on your Vonage number to a free incoming NY DID from Callcentric set up as one of the SP's then have the Obi forward it while it's still SIP via Obitalk to the other Obi you want as the endpoint. Callcentric NY DID's have unlimited free incoming and even though they are NY numbers, it doesn't matter as I would think your Vonage account has unlimited domestic LD anyway.  Callcentric supports caller ID spoofing so you could set up an outgoing CC line to display your Vonage number whenever you make a call either from the Obi's or the Obion softphone.

drgeoff

HH235

Please don't ask the same questions in another place on this forum.

The reply from Usetheforceobiwan won't answer your later requirement of OBi to OBi call being bridged to Vonage.

Usetheforceobiwan

Quote from: drgeoff on April 11, 2014, 02:34:15 AM
HH235

Please don't ask the same questions in another place on this forum.

The reply from Usetheforceobiwan won't answer your later requirement of OBi to OBi call being bridged to Vonage.

If he had a 110 he could bridge, without a a line port (FXO) the 100 is out and he would have to spend another $35 on an Obiline for his 202 to get a FXO.   I was just trying to make it work with what he already had.

giqcass

To the best of my knowledge(based on other reports) even if you get your credentials for Vonage the password may change without notice.
Long live our new ObiLords!

KAura

I'm not 100% on this, all I can say is just try it:

ObiDevice => Internet => Obi110 => AA => Vonage => Outgoing Call
Note: a physical line bridges your Vonage(phone) to Obi110(line)

ObiDevice is as follows:

Obi software (softphone)
Obi device (hardware)
Obi 110 phone bridge

Note: Why are you trying to be a communications center?  Only 1 person
can use your vonage account at a given time (other than 3-way, if included).

drgeoff

Quote from: KAura on April 11, 2014, 10:15:08 AM
I'm not 100% on this, all I can say is just try it:

ObiDevice => Internet => Obi110 => AA => Vonage => Outgoing Call
Note: a physical line bridges your Vonage(phone) to Obi110(line)
That would work if HH235 had an OBi110.  But I think he does not.  He previously wrote:

"I actually ended up purchasing an OBI 202.  And I dont know how to set it up.  I'd like to call the Obi 202 using my Obi 100 then have the 202 bridge to my Vonage line."

HH235

OK thanks for replying.  Sorry about the duplicate posts.  I'm a bit annoyed with the purchase I made because all I needed I guess is the 110.  I thought the 202 would do what I wanted.

I am not trying to use the OBI 202 as a substitute for the Vonage modem.  I am trying to call my house where the 202 is using my 100 and have the 202 connect me to my phone line (which is proveded by Vonage).

Thanks.

HH235

So does anyone know if i can use the 202 for that? Or will i have to get a 110?

KAura

You can add one line adapter to a 200 series Obi,
but the line adapter is just shy the cost of an Obi110.

giqcass

I ended up getting the 110 instead of the Obiline adapter.  As Kaura pointed out the Obiline adapter is close to the price of an entire Obi110.  If you are withing the return period for one of the Obi devices I would return it and get a Obi110.
Long live our new ObiLords!

drgeoff

Quote from: HH235 on April 11, 2014, 08:12:39 PM
So does anyone know if i can use the 202 for that? Or will i have to get a 110?
I had already told you:

"2.  You cannot connect an OBi202 directly to a Vonage adapter.  The sockets on both of them are meant to have a phone plugged in.  You can connect the phone socket on a Vonage adapter to the LINE port of an Obi110 or to the LINE port of the optional OBiLINE accessory for the OBi202."

HH235

I'll get an obiline.  I want the ability to use the ethernet connection on it.

drgeoff

Quote from: HH235 on April 16, 2014, 10:04:02 PM
I'll get an obiline.  I want the ability to use the ethernet connection on it.
Either you don't understand or you can't express yourself properly.  There is no ethernet connection on an OBiLINE.

HH235

Ethernet connection on the Obi 202.  And yes. You're right I was unclear. 
Was in a hurry and didn't make myself clear.