News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV issue today

Started by Rick, April 01, 2014, 09:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Whether I call out or they call me, they can't hear me around 30 seconds into the call. 

carl

No problem here today, but GV is gradually deteriorating. My important DID's have been ported out, now I am using a throw away account for the time being.

giqcass

I think its just their XMPP service that has been having issues.  I don't have very many issues on calls that don't use XMPP.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Rick

Problem went away after that day.  By mid-April I'm going to forward my GV lines to CallCentric, since I have an old dormant account there, and get free incoming calls to the OBi.  Since that's not using XMPP, I'm hoping it will work fine.

On outgoing calls I haven't decided if I'm going to a) dial them all on my cell or use my PC to call via GV by ringing the house phone b) getting a XTTN Bluetooth device so that the house phone calls out on the cell line or c) paying for outbound service. 

I don't make a lot of outbound calls, and when I do I'm usually at my desk so GV calling my house or cell phone should still work fine.

giqcass

I mostly call from the computer or Cellphone myself.  How about a combination? I use my Localphone credit for when the other methods are unavailable or inconvenient. A little localphone credit will go a long way.  Sign up for an account now and test it out with the free call credit.  Then in a month or so if you don't buy any credit you will probably receive an email with a double credit promotion.  When you do buy some credit it lasts forever as long as you use at least once per year.

You can also jump on the asterisk train. 
Long live our new ObiLords!