News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help! Cannot figure out why calls drop

Started by mo832, March 24, 2014, 07:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo832

So I have posted a comment in the ITSP area for Google Voice, but I don't know for sure if it is GV or a different issue, and nobody else has expressed the same problems in any sense.

Basically I'm having a chronic issue with frequent dropped calls at very hard time intervals. It was doing exactly 30 minutes, and then it started doing 2 minutes. I thought it was all due to calls routed thru GV, but yesterday, when it kept happening, I got the person to call me using my 425-xxx-xxxx DID from IPkall directly, cutting out GV. It happened again!
Also, I have one SP set to GV and it was happening there also.

So I don't know if anyone else is getting dropped calls at 2 minutes, 30 minutes, or some other exact number with ANY setup?

And, how can I determine the main source of the problem, and have someone address the issue?

1. Is it Google Voice only?
2. Is it IPkall DID?
3. Is it Localphone dropping calls?
4. Is there anything inside the OBI box itself that is hanging up the calls?

Has ANYONE seen this kind of behavior recently with ANY setup?

I'm really at my wit's end with this, never a problem before.

drgeoff

Have you tried using a different phone plugged into your OBi?

mo832

Yes, I have tried several phones. But even so, why would every call drop at EXACTLY 30 minutes or EXACTLY 2 minutes? It is clearly some hard-coding somewhere, or hard timeout in some system, but not the phone itself.

I have seen some older comments on the Google forums about these issues in the past, but I don't hear others talking about it now. And I don't know if the Obi can do this, or other ITSPs have the problem for other users. Am I the ONLY one???

dircom

I have had several GV calls thru my OBi drop in the past few days, at random times, 5 seconds to 3 minutes into the call