News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming calls ring once then goes to voice mail

Started by glb1945, April 08, 2014, 02:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glb1945

I want to increase the ring time so I can answer the phone before VM picks up.   Within the past week, this new problem appears.  Incoming calls are going to voice mail after ringing one time on my phone.  I have an Obi100, using Anveo basic service on SP1 and GV on SP2.  In Google Voice, I've check-marked Google Chat.  I've also checked my cell phone number, and the Anveo service.  And call Screening is turned off.

Concurrent to this problem is the fact that missed calls are going to Anveo's voice mail system, not Google's voice mail.  And I've had to build a new Contacts list on Anveo since this service doesn't mesh with Google's contact list.  The very odd thing is that GV and Anveo both tell me when I've got voice mail.  Can anybody direct me to the answer to this solution?  Or, better yet, help me figure this out?  Thanks very much!

MikeHObi

If google voice mail is picking it up, there is nothing you can do.

You should only have google chat checked, others should be unchecked.  Then test if you get the calls right away.  You should and it shouldn't go to voice mail.

Google voice has had problems fowarding calls to various DID's taking too long so that calls go to Voice mail.  This may be what is causing your problems when fowarding to your cell and anveo.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

SteveInWA

As Mike indicated, you have an issue with redundant and conflicting forwarding destinations.

"I have an Obi100, using Anveo basic service on SP1 and GV on SP2.  In Google Voice, I've check-marked Google Chat."

This scenario will cause confusing problems, since GV will ring both SP1 and SP2 on your OBi at approximately the same time (well, one will sometimes beat the other), and one or the other will grab the call.

Given that Google Chat client (XMPP) support is going away very soon, I suggest that you eliminate the Google Chat forwarding destination entirely.  Log onto your GV account, and go here:

https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Un-check Chat, then delete it off of your GV account.  It is no longer used for Hangouts support .  Make SP2 your default on your OBi, or just get rid of SP1's existing configuration and re-do it as Anveo and delete SP2; your choice.

I'm not an Anveo customer, so I can't advise on how to configure their call-handling rules, or if it's even possible with Anveo, but:  you need to either disable Anveo VM, or set it to pick up around 35 seconds after ring time, or, the best alternative would be to set conditional call forwarding if it's supported (no-answer/busy foward to GV number).  Otherwise, you need to enable the Call Screening option on GV.  GV CS will force whoever or whatever answers the call to prove they're human, by pressing 1 to accept the call.  Since Anveo's VM can't do that, it'll bounce back to GV VM.

Taoman

Quote from: glb1945 on April 08, 2014, 02:36:21 PM
Concurrent to this problem is the fact that missed calls are going to Anveo's voice mail system, not Google's voice mail. 

Isolate where the problem is. What happens when you call your Anveo number directly (not thru GV)? Does Anveo VM pick up after 1 ring?
Or, uncheck the box for Anveo in Google Voice and then call your GV number. What happens?