News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call cutoff when transfered

Started by Neco, March 25, 2014, 01:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neco

Hello guys,

Maybe somebody can help me.

-- I call a number.
-- Number called is an automatic answering system -- your call is being recorded, please wait 1 minute for the next representative, etc.
-- When call is transfered to the representative, call is cutoff and I get a normal dial tone again.

It happens every time an automatic answering system gets the call. When I call from a normal PSTN that does not happen. If calling a normal telephone, obi works fine.

Any ideas on how to solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Neco

drgeoff

Something is making your Service Provider or your OBi think the call is being terminated at the far end.  If you don't get any other suggestions I would install a softphone on a PC using the same SIP credentials and make a few test calls to those same numbers.

If those also get prematurely ended you need to consult your SP.  If they don't, then it would appear your local setup is somehow responsible.

Neco

See...

Calls are made using SP1 -- Google Voice.
When I call directly from the computer, I get the same result - call is cutoff.

SP2 is another GV line - same results, call is cutoff.

drgeoff, would you think that the problem is GV?

Thank you,

drgeoff

Are you saying that calls get cut off even when they don't go through your OBi at all?

Neco

I am saying calls are cutoff when I use Google Voice -- regardeless of Obi.

I have got a private message telling me that the problem may be our router. The problem right now is that there is many people connected -- I will test it in a couple of hours and let you know the results.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Thank you all so far.

Neco

Hello guys,

I had received a private tip that my router could be the problem and that I should deactivate ALG-SIP on it.
I did it, but I still have the same problem.

[Router is a Arris TG862. -- Activated ALGs: H225, FTP, PPTP, IRC666x, TFTP, RTSP, SIP]

Ideas are welcome.

Thank you,

Nelson

Neco

Hello guys,

I signed up for PhonePower service. Calling from the new service, calls go through normally.

Conclusion: problem was related to Google Voice. As the service is about to end, it is not a big deal.

Thank you for all of you that have tried to help.

Neco

siskiou

Quote from: Neco on March 26, 2014, 10:14:31 AM

Conclusion: problem was related to Google Voice. As the service is about to end, it is not a big deal.

Was this a toll free number? If yes, apparently GV does not allow calls to some 800 numbers.
I could not make a call to a toll free number, with GV or Vestalink (as long as I spoofed the GV number for outgoing calls).