News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ANVEO - Buyer Beware!

Started by JH2011, April 07, 2014, 04:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JH2011

>>>
One weird thing about Anveo is when I tried to follow-up on an LNP issue I never heard back.
<<<

Sounds about right.

JH2011

>>> Callcentric is great but I'm not willing to pay 2X for

I only paid Callcentric 5 bucks... and it WORKS!

paid Anveo $50... but their useless install script never worked...

It's not rocket science.

CLTGreg

Quote from: JH2011 on April 14, 2014, 05:31:02 PM
>>> Callcentric is great but I'm not willing to pay 2X for

I only paid Callcentric 5 bucks... and it WORKS!

paid Anveo $50... but their useless install script never worked...

It's not rocket science.

You don't have a complaint. You're on a mission.

I'm not satisfied with Vestalink but I don't beat them up on threads about them.

JH2011

>>> I'm not satisfied with Vestalink but I don't beat them up on threads about them.

Why would you want to beat up on a company like Vestalink that acknowledges it's shortcomings?

Do you think it's okay for Anveo to "beat up" on people?

What's your "mission?"

ih8anveo

I am going to side with JH2011 on this.  This isn't a mission.  Anveo is in this for a quick buck by going after all of the people jumping ship from Google.  They want their money and then wont support there sub par product.  Their script plain and simple doesn't work consistently.  I understand that it works for the majority of people, but when its broken for as many people it seems broken for I would call it more of a PSA to people thinking which service to jump too.  That seems a worth while mission to me....

KAura

Quote from: JH2011 on April 14, 2014, 06:35:57 PM
Do you think it's okay for Anveo to "beat up" on people?

My question is more on the lines of, "How did Anveo sink
its tentacles into Obihai?".  That's what I want to know!

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/anveo-voip-outage-1467452/

_brett

I agree. From what I read all of the services have their problems, and people should be aware of them in order to make a intelligent choice. I aired my complaint above Anveo's service not to bash them, but in the hopes they might read this forum and learn from their mistakes. I also wanted to educate people who are making the move from GV like I did, and finally I hoped Obihai was reading the forums as well since they are the ones who made Anveo an Obihai approved provider. If Anveo isn't willing to fine tune their business practices, they won't have any customers to be bothered by in the future.

JH2011

Quote from: CLTGreg on April 16, 2014, 06:42:55 AM

Vestalink on my two latest contacts NEVER says they even CHECKED their network. If they would JUST SAY I'd be a lot more satisfied. There's a big difference between "we checked our logs and did not see a problem and we recommend you reboot" versus "you should reboot because it sometimes helps".

One is a blow off. Let's say they did check their network and decided to blame me. Fine IF they tell me. Communication is key and when the boss isn't answering the tickets. . . well I'd say YMMV but it doesn't vary for me.

Yep, I can't recommend VL either (but they're good for "no-fuss" refunds :) )

I think it's basically a one-man operation.

stevebythebay

This is a really strange setup.  With the email from Obihai re: end of life so to speak with Google Voice I opted to go with Anveo.  Signed up, got a number and waited till today to use their new porting capability.  All appeared smooth.  The port happened within an hour.  However, what confounds me is that I now have both the originally assigned phone number from Anveo plus what was once my Google Voice number.  These are both listed.  The latter has a plan rate of ObiTalk Special whereas the ported one is listed as Personal Unlimited (had a choice of 3 options, but nothing associated with the Obihai deal).  And after the port I suddenly find myself unable to call out because my account has moved from the plus side to minus side in dollars.  The only charge I have went to Google Voice for the $3 port.  So, I'm baffled.  I'm hesitant to do anything at this point.  And I'm not clear who to try and reach at Anveo.

No wonder people are having "issues" with Anveo.  Any ideas on what I should do next to fix this?  Having gone down the road with Anveo, I'd certainly like to give them an opportunity to fix things before I pull the plug.

Update: got Anveo customer support to "fix" what had happened.  They replaced my Anveo sourced phone number with my ported Google Voice number and undid the charge that put me "below the line".  I've offered to help them clarify the porting process to make it clearer (certainly I was "fooled" into adding a new number in thei porting process, rather than porting and swapping as I had intended)

AlanB

Their porting process can be confusing.  For others wanting more info, there is quite a discussion on this forum:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7391.0

c3c3

Quote from: stevebythebay on April 23, 2014, 05:23:16 PM
However, what confounds me is that I now have both the originally assigned phone number from Anveo plus what was once my Google Voice number.  These are both listed.  The latter has a plan rate of ObiTalk Special whereas the ported one is listed as Personal Unlimited (had a choice of 3 options, but nothing associated with the Obihai deal).

Did you choose the option "I want to replace the following Anveo phone number to ported phone number"?  With my last port more than a week ago, the number was replaced automatically, and the only charge was the $15 porting fee.