News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

VESTALINK... Refunded, no hassle.

Started by JH2011, April 07, 2014, 04:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JH2011

I tried Vestalink for a week but had some issues with their service.

Spoke to the man who runs it (a real person) and with absolutely no hassle, I was fully refunded within 5 minutes.

That was very different from Anveo's poor attitude to refunds.

Johnny

Quote from: JH2011 on April 07, 2014, 04:33:50 PM
I tried Vestalink for a week but had some issues with their service.

Spoke to the man who runs it (a real person) and with absolutely no hassle, I was fully refunded within 5 minutes.

That was very different from Anveo's poor attitude to refunds.

Wow!  That's great to hear about Vestalink's refunds.

If only Phone Power treated their customers the same way.

It's been a week since I cancelled my one account and still nothing credited back to my card or no word from PP as to when I might expect it.

Too bad, as I really liked their service but lost all trust in their billing.

I actually cancelled two accounts all within the 30 guarantee period and still no word as to when I will get my refunds. 

Fingers crossed....................................

JH2011

I'm sorry to hear that... I hope you get your refund soon.

jlynnwatts

I also received a prompt refund from Vestalink. No delay. I was impressed.

lburgguy

Vestalink does advertise a 30-day money back guarantee after all.  I got my refund the same day I wrote the email.  I too was impressed.

erkme73

Anyone try to get a refund AFTER the 30 days?  I've been logging problems nearly from day one - but I'm ready to throw in the towel.  I've had them for about 2 months.

glb1945

I cancelled Vestalink after the 30-day deadline and didn't get a refund.  But I didn't expect a refund either, since I understood the terms.  I still have the VL account for a year since that's what I paid for, and I won't be automatically charged for next year.  So I'm happy with that.  I had issues with VL's lack of customer service.  Telling a customer to go to this link and that link to read page after page of documentation without giving a clue what to look for isn't helpful.  Granted, I'm new to this and won't ever get my head wrapped around all the lingo; but I'm willing to give it a try.  Right now I have Anveo basic, still trying to figure out the technology.  Using Google Voice adds even yet another layer of frustration.   I just want to say I've learned more on this forum than I ever got out of VL or Anveo.  Sooner or later I'll get past the learning curve.

chenghs

Since I switched to Vestalink, I experienced the incoming call issues - basically if someone called my Vestlink nubmer, once I pick up the Vestalink phone, I can't hear anything. But outcoming call works find though. Have been trying to solve this by emailing to Vestalink in last couple of days and still no luck to solve this. Might have to cancel it but I already paid a two year service fee. I am still in the 30 days window. Is it possible for me to cancel it? Also, anyone can share how you get hold of a real person at Vestalink? currently, there is no phone listed on their site that I can call.

Thanks,

Taoman

Quote from: erkme73 on April 09, 2014, 06:02:47 AM
Anyone try to get a refund AFTER the 30 days?  I've been logging problems nearly from day one - but I'm ready to throw in the towel.  I've had them for about 2 months.
Yes, I did. They prorate your account at the monthly subscription rate.

Taoman

Quote from: glb1945 on April 09, 2014, 07:17:16 AM
I cancelled Vestalink after the 30-day deadline and didn't get a refund.  But I didn't expect a refund either, since I understood the terms. 

Then you must not have requested a refund. You can get a refund from Vestalink at any time. After 30 days your refund will be prorated at the monthly subscription rate.

Taoman

Quote from: chenghs on April 15, 2014, 11:27:31 AM
Since I switched to Vestalink, I experienced the incoming call issues - basically if someone called my Vestlink nubmer, once I pick up the Vestalink phone, I can't hear anything. But outcoming call works find though. Have been trying to solve this by emailing to Vestalink in last couple of days and still no luck to solve this. Might have to cancel it but I already paid a two year service fee. I am still in the 30 days window. Is it possible for me to cancel it? Also, anyone can share how you get hold of a real person at Vestalink? currently, there is no phone listed on their site that I can call.

Thanks,

I had the same experience you have had. You don't need to talk to a live person. Just send an email to support@intelafone.com and request a refund. Andrew should be able to help you out. Since you are within the 30-day window you should get a full refund.

You may wish to take a look at PhonePower. I have experienced a dramatic increase in call quality over Vestalink with PP. Also works great as a forwarded number in Google Voice whereas Vestalink was completely unusable for me.

meerkat

Since I switched to Vestalink, I experienced the incoming call issues - basically if someone called my Vestlink nubmer, once I pick up the Vestalink phone, I can't hear anything. But outcoming call works find though.

Thanks,

I did not hear many people complains about this but YES, I have the same issue.  What I found is I have to pickup the phone within 2 rings, otherwise, either there is no ring or I pickup the phone only to get a dial tone. But the caller keeps getting no one is answering ringing. I'm using obi202

AlanB

Meerkat. Your question is a little off topic but I'm sure you will get help. First question that would help. Is your incoming number on Vestalink itself or Google a Voice forwarded to VL?

meerkat

Quote from: AlanB on April 16, 2014, 03:03:59 PM
... Is your incoming number on Vestalink itself or Google a Voice forwarded to VL?

Symptom happens for both scenarios. To avoid complication, the use case is almost exclusive direct VL calls.

OBI 202 with latest firmware (and the symptom continues after power recycle).  I saw few other people had the same symptom on slickdeal.net and dslreport forums.

Sorry to be out of topic, as I'm pondering for refund if not addressed timely

precht

Quote from: meerkat on April 16, 2014, 11:31:51 AM
Since I switched to Vestalink, I experienced the incoming call issues - basically if someone called my Vestlink nubmer, once I pick up the Vestalink phone, I can't hear anything. But outcoming call works find though.

Thanks,

I did not hear many people complains about this but YES, I have the same issue.  What I found is I have to pickup the phone within 2 rings, otherwise, either there is no ring or I pickup the phone only to get a dial tone. But the caller keeps getting no one is answering ringing. I'm using obi202

I've been encountering a very similar issue with missed calls from incoming calls.

Customer service has been slow and inefficient.  A day's wait to receive a copy-paste response about firewalls.

It's incredibly frustrating exchanging 6 emails over the course of 3 days with nary a bit of progress.  I've been asking for a phone number to get real-time troubleshooting help, but nothing has been provided.

Looking forward to cancelling before my 30 days are up.