News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

When trying to place outgoing calls - Call Failed: 403 Forbidden

Started by Logan, November 07, 2018, 12:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan

I have two OBi devices on my network. They've worked pretty well throughout the past 2+ years but today, mid-day, they both quit working.

On the OBi1062, when trying to place outgoing calls, I get a busy signal tone and the error displayed on the screen says "Call Failed: 403 Forbidden".

On the OBi100, it says "the number you dialed xxx-xxx-xxxx was rejected by the service provider. reason is 403"

When I login to obitalk.com, my OBi Dashboard shows both OBi devices status as green/connected.

When calling either phone, the OBi phones ring but when I answer them, I can't hear anything on the OBi phones. The phones calling the OBi phones continue dialing and go straight to voicemails after they ring x times.

Any ideas what could be going on or where I could test/troubleshoot to figure out what's happening?

Keathley

I am also getting 403 rejected on outbound GV calls via OBI202 device.  Incoming calls ring but do not connect when answered.

Charlotte

Same here.  Error, attempts to reset not working as ObiTalk website shows everything should be working.

JackInCA

gV1OBiUser2018

Obi1022 with 1 Google Voice line.
No LED light when phone is stationary.
When number dialed to make outbound call, gets blinking green LED with "beep-beep-beep..." and "Call Failed: 403 Forbidden" notice.
Phone gets dial tone and solid green LED when receiver is picked up or speaker-phone button pushed to make a call.
Can see incoming call, but cannot connect properly, cannot hear caller when phone is answered.
Cannot make or receive calls.
Problem started today, 11/07/2018 at approximately 1:30pm (ct).
Please advise.

E2k18

Had the same problem. I then tried updating my Google Voice credentials. I was able to make calls again. I'm not sure if it was a fix or coincidence since I read that some people didn't do anything and the phone line came back.

oldunixguy

I'm now getting this same error. Has happened a number of times in the past couple of days.
Why is there no definitive answer on why this is happening and how to cure it?
regards
oldunixguy