News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet would like to introduce ourselves to the Obi world

Started by Sam_from_CircleNet, April 08, 2014, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

Quote from: Jumbo on April 18, 2014, 07:03:18 AM
Quick followup question on this.. if CallCentric is registered as SP2 and if I want to use CircleNet as outbound on SP2, what changes do I need to make?

Appreciate the help, thanks!

You can share an SP trunk with 2 services by using a Voice Gateway.
Voice Gateways are used with outbound only providers that don't need to register.
CircleNet fits this category.

Keep GV on SP1.
Define Callcentric on SP2

Define CircleNet on Voice Gateway 1:
Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Voice Gateway1
Name: CircleNet
AccessNumber: sp2(outbound.circlenet.us)
DigitMap: (<8:>1xxxxxxxxxx|<8:1>xxxxxxxxxx|<8:1aaa>xxxxxxx|<8:>011xxxxxx.S3)
AuthUserID: Your_CircleNet_ID (10 digit ID)
AuthPasssword: Your_CircleNet_Password

aaa is your local area code. This is used for 7 digit dialing.

Add to the beginning of the Phone Port OutboundCallRute:
{(Mvg1):vg1},

Continue to use GV as you are currently.

To use CircleNet dial as follows:
814805551212  or
84805551212  or
85551212  or

After May 15th change the Voice Gateway DigitMap to:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>xxxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>xxxxxxx|011xxxxxx.S3)

Dial without the "8" prefix to use CircleNet.

siskiou

Quote from: azrobert on April 17, 2014, 08:04:53 PM
To route tollfree and international calls to SP2
Change Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> DigitMap To:
(18(00|88|77|66|55|44)xxxxxxx|011xxxxx.S3)

Add to the beginning of Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
{(Msp2):sp2},

Since CircleNet is outbound only, registration is not required.
Unregistering will reduce traffic to the CircleNet servers.

Voice Services -> SP 2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: Unchecked

Hi, thanks very much for the instructions. I've followed them, but when I tried with a toll free number, it was still routed through SP1. Did I miss something?

Edited to add: when I checked the Obi settings, I found that they didn't "stick", despite rebooting. I'll try again...

And now it works perfectly! Thanks very much!

siskiou

Quote from: Sam_from_CircleNet on April 18, 2014, 01:55:49 AM
First, welcome aboard siskiou I'm glad your doing ok and thanks to the OBITalk forum for helping out my customer!

Secondly, the advice given by azrobert is good we do use 011 to denote international calls and this setup should work.

Thanks! I placed my first call to Germany, and call quality was excellent! Much better than GV!

Jumbo

Thanks a bunch! That did it. azrobert, you truly are a hero member.

Quote from: azrobert on April 18, 2014, 10:11:47 AM
Quick followup question on this.. if CallCentric is registered as SP2 and if I want to use CircleNet as outbound on SP2, what changes do I need to make?

Voice Gateways are used with outbound only providers that don't need to register.

Keep GV on SP1.

814805551212  or
84805551212  or
85551212  or

azrobert

Quote from: siskiou on April 18, 2014, 10:21:55 AM

Edited to add: when I checked the Obi settings, I found that they didn't "stick", despite rebooting. I'll try again...

If you are configuring your OBi from the Web interface, you need to disable OBiTalk provisioning. If you don't disable provisioning, OBiTalk will overlay your changes.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTalk Provisioning -> Method: Disabled

Make sure you are changing the Method under OBiTalk Provisioning.

siskiou

Quote from: azrobert on April 18, 2014, 10:47:41 AM

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTalk Provisioning -> Method: Disabled

Make sure you are changing the Method under OBiTalk Provisioning.

Done! No wonder I was having problems with setup!
Thanks very much for your help!
There is a lot more to these devices than I will ever understand, but with your instructions, phone calls will be much simpler to make, for our family, and we are saving money!

vp_d

Hi,

Are others having issues with registering at CircleNet or is it just me? I followed the link in OP to register at CircleNet. After inputting all information, it displayed a message that a confirmation email will be sent to my specified email address. It has now been > 15 hours and still no email. I repeated the registration again a few hours ago and got the same result.

Thanks in advance.

gderf

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Nope we are here or atleast we were here and adding customers today let me see if I can find your registration..

Sam

Sam_from_CircleNet

I see only one duplicate signup in the "waiting" queue I checked out our SMTP logs and if this is you we handed the email with the activation URL off to gmail. If you send me a PM with the email address you used I'll verify. The email with the activation link should have come from "office@circlenet.us" and may be in your spam folder.

The bad news is we're leaving for tonight so even if you do click on the link it will be 6am tomorrow before we verify your account unless someone checks late tonight.

Sam

Sam_from_CircleNet

siskiou, I'm glad you like our Germany route :-) and that you are all set up. Thanks again to the forum especially azrobert you guys are a great resource for Obi users.

7Priest7

Quote from: vp_d on April 18, 2014, 03:55:30 PM
After inputting all information, it displayed a message that a confirmation email will be sent to my specified email address. It has now been > 15 hours and still no email. I repeated the registration again a few hours ago and got the same result.

Check SPAM folder.
When I registered, CircleNet emails went right to spam on GMail.

dial.tone

Quote from: azrobert on April 18, 2014, 10:11:47 AM

Keep GV on SP1.

814805551212  or
84805551212  or
85551212  or

I have a 2-line phone and an Obi202.  I have GV set up on SP1 for line 1 and have been trying to set up Callcentric-inbound/Circlenet-outbound on SP2 for line 2.  I followed the above setup to the letter EXCEPT I used the post-May15th Voice Gateway Digitmap and the voice gateway I used was Voice Gateway 2 instead of 1.  (With the correlation between SP2 and ITSP Profile B, it seemed likely that the same correlation would exist between them and Voice Gateway 2.)  Anyway, it didn't work.  I could receive calls, but I couldn't make calls.  I then tried changing the Service Providers>ITSP Profile B>SIP>OutboundProxy value from callcentric.com to outbound.circlenet.us thinking that the Callcentric parameter might have been keeping outgoing calls from being routed through Circlenet.  But that didn't work either.  I'm already bald, so I can't pull my hair out, and I can't find the cat -- so any ideas on how to get this working would be appreciated (especially by the cat).

SteveInWA

I don't understand the benefit of using a voice gateway configuration in your scenario, at this time.  It's just so much more complicated than seems necessary.

Here's what I mean:  Direct connection to Google Chat for Google Voice use is going away in about 3 weeks.  It's unnecessary to keep your GV SP configuration.

If your overall goal is to handle inbound calls via Callcentric, and your outbound calls via CircleNet, why not simply configure CircleNet on SP1, and set as the default SP for outbound calls, spoofing your CC caller ID.  Then, configure CC on SP2.  I'd just feed them into one phone jack port, but you could certainly do whatever else you wanted with them.

dial.tone

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 21, 2014, 08:06:02 PM
I don't understand the benefit of using a voice gateway configuration in your scenario, at this time.  It's just so much more complicated than seems necessary.

Here's what I mean:  Direct connection to Google Chat for Google Voice use is going away in about 3 weeks.  It's unnecessary to keep your GV SP configuration.

If your overall goal is to handle inbound calls via Callcentric, and your outbound calls via CircleNet, why not simply configure CircleNet on SP1, and set as the default SP for outbound calls, spoofing your CC caller ID.  Then, configure CC on SP2.  I'd just feed them into one phone jack port, but you could certainly do whatever else you wanted with them.

Line 2 is for my fax machine (and occasional voice when line 1 is in use).  Once I get line 2 figured out, I'm going to set up line 1 the same way. 

Taoman

Quote from: dial.tone on April 21, 2014, 07:58:07 PM

I have a 2-line phone and an Obi202.  I have GV set up on SP1 for line 1 and have been trying to set up Callcentric-inbound/Circlenet-outbound on SP2 for line 2.  I followed the above setup to the letter EXCEPT I used the post-May15th Voice Gateway Digitmap and the voice gateway I used was Voice Gateway 2 instead of 1.  (With the correlation between SP2 and ITSP Profile B, it seemed likely that the same correlation would exist between them and Voice Gateway 2.)  Anyway, it didn't work.  I could receive calls, but I couldn't make calls.  I then tried changing the Service Providers>ITSP Profile B>SIP>OutboundProxy value from callcentric.com to outbound.circlenet.us thinking that the Callcentric parameter might have been keeping outgoing calls from being routed through Circlenet.  But that didn't work either.  I'm already bald, so I can't pull my hair out, and I can't find the cat -- so any ideas on how to get this working would be appreciated (especially by the cat).

As SteveInWA said, why are you even messing with a Voice Gateway? You have an Obi 202 which means you have 4 SP slots. Are all your SP slots already configured with other service providers?  If not, what you are attempting adds a needless level of complexity. The primary reason you use a Voice Gateway is because you don't have any available SP slots. Why not configure Callcentric on one SP slot and CircleNet on another SP slot?

dial.tone

Quote from: Taoman on April 21, 2014, 08:35:43 PM

As SteveInWA said, why are you even messing with a Voice Gateway? You have an Obi 202 which means you have 4 SP slots. Are all your SP slots already configured with other service providers?  If not, what you are attempting adds a needless level of complexity. The primary reason you use a Voice Gateway is because you don't have any available SP slots. Why not configure Callcentric on one SP slot and CircleNet on another SP slot?

I tried that as well using the Obitalk wizard on SP3 and SP4, and both came up "Not Configured."  Come to think of it, Callcentric never did work for me via the wizard and, even though the wizard has a template for Callcentric, even Callcentric recommends using the web portal.  So I'll try it again tomorrow using the web portal.  I just need to make sure SP3 and SP4 are associated with line 2 so I can configure SP1 and SP2 for line 1.  One reason I used the wizard when I tried the SP3/SP4 setup the first time was because the wizard permits you to specify whether the setup is for incoming or outgoing calls on phone 1 or phone 2.  I haven't seen how to specify that on the web portal.  Anybody know?

SteveInWA

Your fundamental problem is that you are having trouble understanding how to configure the OBi.  It's not working because you mis-configured it, not because a) it might work on the local web page vs. the Obitalk portal, and not because b) you need to add more complexity.

Callcentric and CircleNet both use "plain vanilla" configurations, only requiring basic user name and SIP password credentials.  Everything else is default, except for perhaps tweaking the dial plan as AZrobert has expertly described in other threads. 

The hardcore tech experts tend to prefer the local web page interface, but in your case, there is no benefit whatsoever taking your box offline from the Obitalk portal and fiddling with the web interface.

What you call the "Wizard" may be causing the problems. Just follow the basic directions posted by azrobert on the first page of this thread, and enter the credentials and dial string on the Obitalk portal.  Most can even be entered on the "dummy" page, with only the optional dial plan string tweaking done on the "OBi expert" page.  The only other thing you need to do is assign the appropriate RJ-11 phone jacks to the service providers.  Instead of using a dedicated phone line for fax, consider using Callcentric's excellent fax gateway.  It will then email you received faxes.  Much more reliable than going from fax-->VoIP-->PSTN-->VoIP-->fax.

dial.tone

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 21, 2014, 11:20:04 PM
Your fundamental problem is that you are having trouble understanding how to configure the OBi.  It's not working because you mis-configured it, not because a) it might work on the local web page vs. the Obitalk portal, and not because b) you need to add more complexity.from fax-->VoIP-->PSTN-->VoIP-->fax.

No disagreement there.  The fact that these Obihai devices work -- and that people on forums like this understand it all and can explain it to guys like me -- absolutely amazes me.  I am grateful.  I'm just trying to figure out where I'm mis-configuring it without embarrassing myself too much so that my phones work and I can get back to stuff I do understand.

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 21, 2014, 11:20:04 PM
The only other thing you need to do is assign the appropriate RJ-11 phone jacks to the service providers. 

Using the web portal (192.168.x.x), how do I assign SP1 and SP2 to Phone 1 and SP3 and SP4 to Phone 2?

dial.tone

Quote from: Taoman on April 21, 2014, 08:35:43 PM

Ok, I just went into the web portal and used the configuration guides provided on the Callcentric and Circlenet websites to configure CC on SP3 and CN on SP4.  After the reboot, here is what I got on the status page:
    "Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized (server=199.30.56.194:5060; retry in 118s)"