News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet would like to introduce ourselves to the Obi world

Started by Sam_from_CircleNet, April 08, 2014, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_from_CircleNet

Hello Obi users,
My name is Sam and I'd like to introduce my company Circle Net to you.
We would like your outgoing call business, we are a no-frills, high quality call termination provider with some of the best rates around. We would like to offer Obi users $2 in free calls just for trying us out.
To signup please use this page

http://www.circlenet.us/drupal7/?q=node/21

Thanks and if you have any questions please let us know.
Sam

azrobert

I opened a CircleNet account with a previous offer.  I think the call quality is very good.

I set the outbound CallerID in my account (format = 16024920001) and it was working, but recently you are not sending CallerID. I tried calling a GV, cell and PSTN numbers all in the Phoenix area. I know you have a disclaimer stating you cannot guarantee CID delivery, but did something recently change to prevent CID delivery?

Sam_from_CircleNet

No nothing that we've done should break CLID for AZ, first we've heard of it investigating now.
Sam

Sam_from_CircleNet

azrobert I think we found the problem with you account and AZ callerID please try now!
;D

The problem was on our side with your account you should get a follow up email from support in a few minutes.

KAura

should seem obvious, but if you don't ask you don't know...

Did you fix this so that this will now work for all customers,
or did this only affect AZ/1 person?

Sam_from_CircleNet

At the moment it looks like one account, we made a mistake on our side while updating a database. We were making changes that permit you to send us your callerID directly if your using some non-obi equipment (Not proud of that but it happened).

This mistake caused some issues with this customers account. We're working with the customer now to see if we can sort it all out :-).

We do provide CallerID to all of our US routes currently. If your having trouble with that please open a ticket and we'll get you fixed.

azrobert

I received a PM from CircleNet informing me they fixed my CID problem.

I am very pleased with their phone and customer service.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Please test this as I described and let me know if you were successful. I will be online here for the next 60 minutes awaiting a response.

gderf

The URI field is blank on my working setup, which I had absolutely no problem configuring here.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

azrobert

I use CircleNet only for outbound calls, so I defined them on Voice Gateway #2.
Here is how to do it:

Add to the beginning of the Phone Port DigitMap:
8xxxxxxxxxx|

It should look like this:
(8xxxxxxxxxx|...........current rules..........)

Add to the beginning of the Phone Port OutboundCallRute:
{(Mvg2):vg2},

Service Providers -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Voice Gateway 2
Name: CircleNet
AccessNumber: sp1(outbound.circlenet.us)
DigitMap: (<8:1>xxxxxxxxxx)
AuthUserID: Your_UID
AuthPassword: Your_PW

SP1 must be defined as SIP.

Dial 84805551212 and 14805551212 will be sent to CircleNet.

I've had a very good experience with CircleNet.  I've only made a few test calls with CircleNet because I'm still using GV, but so far everything is working perfectly. I think they are really trying hard to be a good provider and I hope they survive. I had a CID problem and they fixed it immediately. Their rate to a Phoenix number is $.00471. This is the lowest rate I've seen. If you want a Pay As You Go plan I would take them up on their free $2 offer to check them out. Two dollars is over 400 minutes.

Taoman

So if you set up CircleNet on a VG for outbound only is registration required?

Sam_from_CircleNet

We do not require you to register with our sip server to send calls, as long as we receive the proper username/password when the call is placed. In fact it's easier on our servers if you don't register.

azrobert

Quote from: Taoman on April 08, 2014, 04:10:43 PM
So if you set up CircleNet on a VG for outbound only is registration required?

When you setup a provider on a VG registration is not used.

SteveInWA

Quote from: gderf on April 08, 2014, 03:18:47 PM
They'll fix it. But you will still be obnoxious.

Agreed 100%.  Every single post by this user has been incredibly opinionated, useless and obnoxious.  There needs to be a "ignore all posts from this user" feature.

Sam:  welcome to the forum, and thanks for trying to help your customers.  No good deed goes unpunished.

ceg3

Welcome to the forum, CircleNet. I hope you have a better experience than you have had so far. I've run across a couple of hostile posters in the forums tonight. I don't think the forum is just for experts or a place for anonymous bullying. I think we are all here to learn and help each other out getting our OBi's setup.

simpleAnswers

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 08, 2014, 08:48:05 PM
Quote from: gderf on April 08, 2014, 03:18:47 PM
They'll fix it. But you will still be obnoxious.

Agreed 100%.  Every single post by this user has been incredibly opinionated, useless and obnoxious.  There needs to be a "ignore all posts from this user" feature.

Sam:  welcome to the forum, and thanks for trying to help your customers.  No good deed goes unpunished.

Don't worry, here is the same poster in another post telling another user that they should use Circlenet+Calcentric.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7609.msg49027#msg49027

The funny thing is, they both sound just as obnoxious so he might just be sending you another problem child. That poster sent an email to anveo, when the email bounced, he jumps on this forum to tell us all to avoid. I guess as we draw closer to GV shutdown, they will be letting them out of the asylum.

Sam_from_CircleNet

Thanks for the welcome guys  :) and I hope I'm a fixture here for a long time!
Sam

giqcass

I tried CircleNet with their earlier free offering as well.  I had no issues with the service.  The setup may seem a little confusing to newcomers but there are a few of us with CircleNet/Obi experience that would be happy to help.   
Long live our new ObiLords!

QBZappy

Sam_from_CircleNet

Welcome to the forum. Live long and prosper.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

DrewMan

I have had CircleNet configured on SP2 of my Obi 100 for a couple of months now.  Use it for outbound calling only.  The quality has been very good and they consistently support T.38 faxing.  Also use it for occasional toll-free calling.  They have been responsive the very few times I have opened a ticket.

Nice to have a reliable alternative to Vestalink.  Good luck CircleNet.