News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Looking for a specific digit mapping setup

Started by sorvani, April 26, 2011, 10:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sorvani

SP1 - GV
SP2 - SIP (CallWithUs)

Goal: direct digit dialing as if this was a Japanese land line.

I know that I can set SP2 as the primary line and thus will not need to use **2 to dial that trunk.
I do not know how to modify the DigitMap for SP2.
For normal inside Japan calls the user dials the full number including the leading 0
Example: JREast information line (live person answer so don't call it) 050-2016-1603
To dial the number from outside Japan is would be 81-50-2016-1603

With my FreePBX setup my outbound route had a dial pattern of 0|. and then prefixed an 81 on the trunk itself.
This results in my wife simply dialing her parent's number as if she was still in Japan.

I do not want to screw up the default DigitMap if possible because it is still useful for GV calling on SP1.

RonR

I haven't tested it, but I think this simple addition to your ITSPB DigitMap should do it:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|<0:01181>xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

This assumes any number starting with 0 (but not 011) is an international call to Japan.  The leading 0 is replaced with 01181 and the call is sent to SP2 (CallWithUs).

If you want the same convention to work on SP1 (Google Voice), the same addition can be made to your ITSPA DigitMap.

You can still place international calls using 011 + country code + number.

sorvani

This is exactly what I was after.

Dropped it in the digit map for the B service and set up the B service to the primary dial plan.

We do not actually use the phone for anything other than calling to Japan but I figured it wouldn't hurt to set up GV on here too :) I can always dial **1 to make a US call.

Now that I have a basic working config... A new question.

I am assuming that the unit processes the digit map in order and stops after it matches? If that is the case couldn't I set up some default digit map that would dial the specified ITSP based on what was dialed?

011X or 0X goto ITSPB while anything else goes to ITSPA?

RonR

Quote from: sorvani on May 01, 2011, 09:54:10 AMI am assuming that the unit processes the digit map in order and stops after it matches? If that is the case couldn't I set up some default digit map that would dial the specified ITSP based on what was dialed?

011X or 0X goto ITSPB while anything else goes to ITSPA?

DigitMap processing is more involved than a simple sequential scan and stop on a match.  For a complete description of the process, see 'Matching Against Multiple Rules in Digit Map' on page 119 of the OBi Device Administration Guide (Version 31.03.11: 31 March 2011).

Yes, it is possible to tailor DigitMaps to route particular call patterns to particular ports.

For example...

If you set:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

ITSPA DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|<0:**201181>xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

ITSPB DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Then dialing US/Canada numbers (10- or 11-digits) should automatically go out SP1 (Google Voice) and dialing 011X or 0X numbers should automatically go out SP2 (CallWithUs).

You can also dial US/Canada numbers (10- or 11-digits) through CallWithUS by prefixing **2.

If you'd also like to be able to dial 7-digit local numbers, add:

<1aaa>xxxxxxxS4|

to the beginning of both ITSPx DigitMaps, where aaa is your local area code.