News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help with bridging

Started by ashish, June 04, 2014, 07:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashish

I am still trying to understand the digitmaps. I have an Obi110 with GV on SP1. I am able to bridge the connected PSTN to make local calls in the country of Obi110 by using **8-9-local number. 9 is required to navigate through the landline IVR. I want incoming calls to my GV from some numbers to be forwarded to my local mobile without going through the Obi attendant. How can I configure? Currently the caller has to dial my GV, then 2 when Obi attendant picks up, then **8, dial 9, give a short pause
and then dial my mobile number.

Also, while PSTN is set as a default, I cannot accomplish the above without dialing **8

ianobi

QuoteAlso, while PSTN is set as a default, I cannot accomplish the above without dialing **8

The auto attendant has its own Primary Line settings and digitmaps etc. **8 should not be needed if this is set:

Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Try this to achieve call forwarding to your cell phone via your PSTN with no aa involved:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{(12222222222)>(<9,,,,,13333333333>):li},{...existing rules here...

Where 12222222222 is the incoming calling number and 13333333333 is your cell phone number. Each comma represents a 200ms pause, so ,,,,, is one second. This only works for calls going to PSTN via the Line Port.

The only downside of this is that caller 12222222222 will always be forwarded to your cell phone and has no access to your auto attendant. I'm not sure if that was your aim. If you have several numbers to forward in this way, then it might be easier to put them in a User Defined DigitMap and use it like so:

{(Mcot)>(<9,,,,,13333333333>):li},{...existing rules here...

cot = label of the User Defined DigitMap.

ashish

Thank you, that worked perfectly.

Quote from: ianobi on June 05, 2014, 08:30:08 AM
If you have several numbers to forward in this way, then it might be easier to put them in a User Defined DigitMap and use it like so:

{(Mcot)>(<9,,,,,13333333333>):li},{...existing rules here...

cot = label of the User Defined DigitMap.

Can you please explain a bit more on how to create a User Defined DigitMap?

ianobi

If you look at User Settings > User Defined Digit Maps you will probably see that User Defined Digit Map1 is already in use. Pick a spare one and set it up like so:

User Settings > User Defined Digit Maps > User Defined Digit Map2 >
Label: cot
DigitMap: (12222222222|14444444444|15555555555)

"Label" can be anything. When used in a rule it needs to be preceded by "M" to tell the processor that this is a digit map - so in my original post it is (Mcot).

"DigitMap" in this case is simply a list of numbers separated by the "|" symbol.

User Defined Digit Maps are particularly useful when you wish to use the same list of numbers several times in different places. It means you only have to change the Digit Map and all references to it (such as Mcot) will be changed automatically.

ashish