News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

All lights off

Started by jojobar, April 12, 2014, 11:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojobar

When I connect to the power source, the red power light turns on for about 10 seconds and then all turns off. All lights are off! I tested the power cord with a voltmeter and it shows 12v.

Does it mean that the Obi100 is dead and needs to be given a funeral?

I did not buy it too long ago, it is pity to see it go...

giqcass

I would open a support ticket. 
Until they get back to you there is one option that may help.

How do I perform a factory reset?
1. With a paper clip (or similar) depress the reset pin located at the bottom of the OBi.
2. While keeping the reset pin depressed, plug-in the power cord.
First, the Power LED will turn red, then become sold green.
Keep depressing the reset pin while this is occurring.
3. After 10 seconds, the Power LED will start to flash green (slowly).
You may now release the reset pin.
4. Within 5 seconds, the Power led will start to flash green rapidly for about 3 seconds.
5. Next the Power LED will change to red briefly indicating the OBi is now rebooting.
The factory reset is now complete.
Long live our new ObiLords!

drgeoff

That power supply test may not have been definitive.  If the only load on the supply was the voltmeter a faulty supply could give 12 volts yet fall way below that when faced with the much higher load of the OBi100.

I'm not saying there is a high probability this is the problem, merely pointing out that it is a possibility.  Worth trying another PSU (12 volt, centre +ve) if you have one to test.  Easier than trying to measure the OBi PSU while it is plugged into the ONi100.

jojobar

Quote from: giqcass on April 12, 2014, 12:59:55 PM
I would open a support ticket. 
Until they get back to you there is one option that may help.

How do I perform a factory reset?
1. With a paper clip (or similar) depress the reset pin located at the bottom of the OBi.
2. While keeping the reset pin depressed, plug-in the power cord.
First, the Power LED will turn red, then become sold green.
Keep depressing the reset pin while this is occurring.
3. After 10 seconds, the Power LED will start to flash green (slowly).
You may now release the reset pin.
4. Within 5 seconds, the Power led will start to flash green rapidly for about 3 seconds.
5. Next the Power LED will change to red briefly indicating the OBi is now rebooting.
The factory reset is now complete.

Thanks this started the device, but now I see that the Service Not Configured message in the Google Talk status. This was working before. I checked the google voice account and made sure that google chat is enabled. Any ideas or testing steps?

KAura

After the factory reset you need to set your Obi back up for GV. 
Right now its brains are empty and it doesn't know what to do.

giqcass

After the fatcory reset you may also need to delete and re-add your Obi to the Obitalk portal if you are using it.  I should have pointed out that the Obi would be completely erased.  Sometime that is the only way to get an Obi back up and running. 
Long live our new ObiLords!

jojobar

Quote from: KAura on April 12, 2014, 08:33:56 PM
After the factory reset you need to set your Obi back up for GV. 
Right now its brains are empty and it doesn't know what to do.

Thanks it worked after I removed and added the same account

jojobar

Quote from: giqcass on April 13, 2014, 05:52:23 AM
After the fatcory reset you may also need to delete and re-add your Obi to the Obitalk portal if you are using it.  I should have pointed out that the Obi would be completely erased.  Sometime that is the only way to get an Obi back up and running. 

Thanks it worked after I removed and added the same account