News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Black list Digimap

Started by deskjockey, April 12, 2014, 04:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deskjockey

The OBI 202 digimap:(xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|xxxxxxx|xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxx)  has blocked Internet traffic with 3-9 digits from ringing the phone day and night. That peace was disrupted today with the following, "abc #blocked". These come directly from the Internet not from the phone service. Is there a way to also block letters in the digimap?

Thankis

drgeoff

A hint  :)

From the OBi Device Admin Guide

"x - a wild card digit that matches any digit from 0-9. x is CASE SENSITIVE"

"Starting with release 1.2, the following elements are added:
@ – A wildcard character that matches any alphanumeric character except #
...."

(BTW Releases 1.2 onwards also include:

" x? – matches 0 or 1 x
@? – matches 0 or 1 @"

which gives scope to halve the number of "|" separated items in the black list.)

deskjockey

Thanks for the help. I never thought of looking at the guide. I'll study it and see if I can figure this out. I got a call last night at 1 AM,  "test123".

giqcass

This should solve your problem and it's a lot simpler. Use the Oleg method.

Please see option 4 in the post.
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0
Long live our new ObiLords!

deskjockey

Giqcass,

Thanks for the link. I have followed Mango's posts for years on DSLReports. I started with zero knowledge on this Obi feature and not sure I've progressed beyond zero. I had contacted Mango who is always kind and he gave me some help to get started. So I had the InboundCallRoute set to "telemarketers" and while knowing my digimap was brute force lacking concise language, it worked, for a couple months when only #'s were coming in.

Here are my updated observations; at girlfriends the other day, her phone rang for two or three minutes and she also had the "abc" in the phone's name field. Here are our similarities. Both using OBI, extended ringing occurs on GV line using SipSorcery, with IPComms DID, and not ringing other lines. I switched us back to this set up when it was announced OBI was dropping GV. If memory serves me, I had this issue years ago with the exact same set up (pre Obi days) and had the same issue on the GV line. My suspicion is that it may be IPComms testing the ports and why the extended ringing. My question is if these methods, Mango's #4 for example, (that I would have to figure out) will work seeing this is showing up in the name field not # field on the telephone and it may not be coming though a SIP provider phone system.