News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Change-over from GV, SP1 & SP2

Started by Bob_in_MA, April 14, 2014, 02:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob_in_MA

I think I've read enough to understand what's changing now.

I plan to set up with Anveo and forward my GV# there. But I have one question.

If I leave GV as SP1 and add Anveo as SP2, can I set the OBi device to send outgoing calls through SP2? If so, how do I set this up?

Thanks!

Bob

AlanB

Yes. Anveo can be SP2.

It should set up for calls automatically. But easiest way to verify is to add SP2 and then go back and edit SP2 settings. You can then set it as primary outgoing.

Bob_in_MA

Alan,

Thanks for replying. I set SP2 as primary outgoing by logging into the the OBi100?

Thanks again,

Bob

Taoman

Quote from: Bob_in_MA on April 14, 2014, 03:58:50 PM
Alan,

Thanks for replying. I set SP2 as primary outgoing by logging into the the OBi100?

Thanks again,

Bob
No. Assuming you set up Anveo in the Obitalk web portal you would do it then and there. Or you can do it after the fact. Doesn't really matter. It's just a box you check that says "Primary Line for Outgoing Calls."

I have PhonePower configured on SP2 and it is my primary outgoing line. Very simple to do. Takes 2 seconds.

Bob_in_MA

Taoman,

Thanks! I see it now. I have had this for three years running Google Voice and haven't had to touch it, so I've forgotten all the arcana. (I can't believe I've gotten free phone service for three years.)

Thanks again,

Bob