News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forward from POTS on OBI 110 to another OBI

Started by JohnGee, April 28, 2014, 01:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnGee

I have two OBI devices, one (the 110) at a fixed location, and the other (202) I take with me when I travel. but wonder if it is possible to do this:

Using an OBI110 at the fixed location, Can I set it so that whenever an incoming call on the POTS line arrives, it is either:

1: automatically CallForwarded to my other OBI travelling 202 device using the device OBI number

or

2: automatically CallForwarded to a DID/SIP number I have registered with a SIP provider and loaded/registered as SP1 on the other OBI travelling 202 device

Seems these magical little ATA boxes can do almost anything, so perhaps I will be able to do one or both the above.

Thanks

JohnGee

ianobi

1. Yes, quite simple. Change to this in your OBi110:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute:
{ph,pp(ob500123456)}

Where 500123456 is your OBi202 number. This will ring the phone attached to the OBi110 and the OBi202 at the same time. You can delay the incoming call from ringing the OBi202 if required:

{ph,pp(ob500123456;d=10)}

This delays the forwarding by ten seconds.

2. Yes, but you need a SIP provider set up on the OBi110 to use to forward the calls. It's the same type of setup. Say you have a SIP provider on sp1 in the OBI110:

{ph,sp1(12345678901)}

Where 12345678901 is the DID that is registered on the OBi202.

The only catch to watch out for with Method 1 is if the OBi110 and OBi202 are in the same account. If so, then OBiTALK automatically puts them in each others' Circle of Trust and the forwarded call may get directed to the OBi202's Automatic Attendant. To stop that behaviour simply change the OBi202 Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute back to its default setting of "ph".

JohnGee

Many thanks ianobi.

I will set them up as per option 1 when next I travel, probably in a few weeks.

They are both on the same Obitalk acct so I will change the settings so they will not conflict.

Many thanks, I thought it could be done  :)

JohnGee