News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202/Callcentric Combo not working

Started by dial.tone, April 08, 2014, 10:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dial.tone

What am I doing wrong?  I signed-up for a new Callcentric phone number yesterday and I used the Obi wizard to set it up on SP2 (after I first deleted the GV setup that was already on SP2).  The fill-in-the-blank wizard couldn't have been simpler: I put the NY area code (not my local area code) in the wizard's "7-digit dialing" box; I put my Callcentric 1777... number (not the 1914... telephone number) in the "Callcentric number" box; and I put my password in the password box.  But here's what happens: when I call my NY Callcentric number from my cell phone, my Obi-connected deskphone rings just like it should.  However, when I answer the deskphone, the deskphone stops ringing but it keeps ringing in my cell phone.  No voice is transmitted either way (cell to desktop or desktop to cell). I even went back and tried my 1914... phone number in the "Callcentric number" box, and deleted the NY area code from the "7-digit dialing" box, leaving it blank, all with no change in outcome.  Any advice on what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated. 

BearJerCares

Did you figure this out yet?   I have a CallCentric phone that I have been using with Google Voice and I will have to change from the "free" CallCentric phone (I only pay $1.50 for 911 service) to a paid service, but I'm thinking of possibly going with Phone Power because I don't like the cost per outgoing minute with CallCentric.  But just wondering what you mean by your phone 1914 ?    I have my CallCentric in SP2 and my Google Voice in SP1, but my CallCentric connection is not used for outgoing, only for the 911 service...

Jerry in Michigan