News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 in reboot loop

Started by azrobert, January 29, 2011, 09:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

Help!!!
My OBI110 is in a reboot loop.  I made a change via the web page and when I clicked on reboot the device rebooted and the LEDs turned green.  In about 15 seconds the device reboots again and it keeps repeating this sequence.  The phone is dead.

Here is the sequence of everything I did:

I updated the firmware.

Tried to configure GoogleVoice with the web wizard, but it wasn't working.  I switched to a different computer and I finally got it to update the configuration, but the status showed it not configured.

I then manually configured SP2 for a generic SIP provider.  It registered and I successfully made an outgoing call.

I registered to Obitalk and configured GoogleVoice via Obitalk.  GoogleVoice connected and I successfully made an outgoing call.  Obitalk showed SP2 as "not configured", but it was registered and working.

I logged back in to the web page and changed ITSP DIGITMAP.  I created a notepad file on my computer and did a cut and paste.
This is what I changed it to:  (1[2-9xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<480>[2-9]xxxxxx.|xx.)
There are 2 mistakes.  The first parm is missing "]" and the third has a ".".
When I clicked save and reboot is when the OBI110 went into a loop.

Is there a way to reset to factory defaults?

Update:

I found the factory reset button on the bottom of the unit.  I pressed the button with a paper clip for 10+ seconds and it's still in the reboot loop. Tried it several times.  Even held the button down and then powered up the unit.
It looks like it's dead.

QBZappy

Have a look at a thread called "Bug" by started by dvijen. Talks about how he fixed his. Might help.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

obiliving

azrobert,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Have you tried this to factory reset?

1. Disconnect Ethernet cable, and power cycle. Then perform factory reset
    by pressing down the reset button, OR
2. Power cycle the device while pressing down the factory button. Keep pressing down
   the reset button for 10s after power is re-applied.

If still not able to factory reset, should contact support@obihai.com for other
suggestions.

azrobert

Thanks qbzappy for your fast reply.
This is strange.  I checked my router and there wasn't an entry for the OBI110.  I'm using a static address.  I powered up the OBI and an entry appeared and the OBI wasn't looping.  The phone was still dead, but correcting my config error corrected the dead phone.
I'm up and running again.

Thanks again!