News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Telemarketing calls to GV number since subscribing to Vestalink

Started by chumley, April 17, 2014, 11:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chumley

I have been using an Obi + GV for a few years, using the GV number as my home phone number. In the past, I never had a problem with telemarketing calls. Spam filtering was not enabled in the GV settings because I didn't needed it. My spam folder in GV was empty, so I don't think GV was automatically doing any filtering.

A few weeks ago I signed up with Vestalink. Vestalink has replaced GV as SP1 in my Obi. My GV number is now forwarded to Vestalink (i.e. forwarding is configured in GV, I did not port the GV number to Vestalink). Vestalink is also setup to spoof caller ID and report my GV number.

Shortly after I subscribed to Vestalink I started getting multiple telemarketing calls per day to my GV number (the spam calls are coming in via GV, not via my new Vestalink number).

I don't want to make any false accusations here, but the timing is very suspicions. It seems like my GV number got revealed to telemarketers by either GV or Vestalink after I made the changes described above. I have not done anything else new or unusual on my end.

Has anyone else experienced this after switching to Vestalink or another non-GV provider?

CLTGreg

I've not had that problem but I wonder how you used your GV # with them. I have it both for contact and billing. I can't imagine where else they would have the number documented.

I have been a customer for about 10 weeks.