News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Device Not Synced with OBiTALK

Started by Avatar, April 18, 2014, 12:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Been using the OBi202 for more than a year now with setting in Auto Firmware Update to Periodically and the rest Disabled in System Management. Everything was OK until today that I got this red circle with a minus sign on my login page saying Device Not Synced with OBiTALK. Was asked to punch in a few numbers on phone after clicked on the sign. Then I was asked to provide my Admin or User password. Is that for real?
Why OBiTalk suddenly needs my ADMIN password? I would like to provision the unit myself thus I disabled it. What's the syncing has to do with me?
Thanks in advance.

BigJim_McD

On the Device Configuration screen on OBiTalk there is a field that request your "Webpage Admin Password" that is needed to enable OBiTalk to manage the OBi device.

If you will be managing the OBi device directly by logging directly into the OBi device via the Wepage, you won't be able to manage it via OBiTalk and you won't have to enter the password in OBiTalk.

Myself, I prefer to manage my OBi devices via OBiTalk.  I use the OBiTalk "Advanced/Expert" Configuration to refine my OBi device configurations.
BigJimMcD

azrobert

I have 2 OBi110s that I've always used the Web interface to configure them.
Today, on 1 OBi110 I also have the red circle.
Both SP's have always shown "Not Configured".
Now SP1 has a message "Status Error".
Everything seems to be working (even the OBiTalk network), so for now I'm ignoring the error.
Would be nice to know why this is happening.

SteveInWA

Where's the "red circle"?  I guess you mean it's on the OBitalk portal page?

I just checked my 110, and it's showing a happy green dot under Status on this page:

http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

And, on the local device web page, it's showing the orange check mark with "Config correct", and on both places, SP1 and SP2 are both registered to Callcentric.

As an unrelated but mildly amusing aside, when I woke up today and went downstairs, my phone showed the off-the-hook LED on, and the line was dead when I picked up the receiver.  Being the nerd, I assumed there was something wrong with my OBi, Callcentric, or my internet connection.  But wait, I had just checked my voicemail on my separate IP phone upstairs.  What could it be?  I went upstairs to power-cycle the OBi and found instead, that the cat had knocked the receiver off the phone on my desk.  Low-tech issue.

carl

It's a miniature "wrong way" traffic sign. I have it in front of my soft phone ( which I cannot use anyway due to NAT issues).

Quote from: BigJim_McD on April 18, 2014, 12:27:58 PM
On the Device Configuration screen on OBiTalk there is a field that request your "Webpage Admin Password" that is needed to enable OBiTalk to manage the OBi device.

If you will be managing the OBi device directly by logging directly into the OBi device via the Wepage, you won't be able to manage it via OBiTalk and you won't have to enter the password in OBiTalk.

Myself, I prefer to manage my OBi devices via OBiTalk.  I use the OBiTalk "Advanced/Expert" Configuration to refine my OBi device configurations.

Umm. So that's because I disabled the OBi provisioning and managed the device via webpage. But I've been doing this for years and was OK. Portal was able to inform and update my firmware even my password was not known. Now this happened just a few days ago without me changing anything on the device. May be it's the HeartBleed.

aopisa

Same here on my Obi 100. I have it set up through Vestalink using the Vestalink easy web set up. Today the little red Do Not Enter sign showed up and I have a status error message. It seems to be working fine, but I am not sure if I should be doing something else.