News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 202 @ Newegg $54.99

Started by dircom, April 15, 2014, 06:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dircom

OBi 202 @ Newegg $54.99

sale ends today

Taoman

Amazon is currently matching that price. Can't help but wonder if the price on Obi ATA's is going to drop after May 15th.

cluckercreek

On the 202, is it possible to disable the QoS feature? I know people want that for VoIP but I'm on High Speed Satellite and the two don't play nice.

SteveInWA

Quote from: cluckercreek on April 15, 2014, 10:34:04 AM
On the 202, is it possible to disable the QoS feature? I know people want that for VoIP but I'm on High Speed Satellite and the two don't play nice.
The issue would be on your internet router, not on the OBi.  Just don't enable QoS on the router.  The OBi 202 has a QoS setting that would also need to be disabled, if you're using its built-in router with downstream devices connected.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on April 15, 2014, 10:27:18 AM
Amazon is currently matching that price. Can't help but wonder if the price on Obi ATA's is going to drop after May 15th.

May 16th:  THAT is what people will be all over like flies on...  I can just hear the infomercial banter now:  Not $99!  Not $89!  Not $79!  Not $69!  Not $ 59 or even $49!!!!  If you call right now, we'll give you the AMAZING  OBi 202 for $39.95, plus S&H!!!  But WAIT, there's more!  Call right now, and say the magic words, "SIP ME", and we'll give you a SECOND OBi, absolutely FREE!!! (just pay $19.95 shipping and handling).

dircom

Still a great deal
As I mentioned on another thread, Taxes on Pots lines alone are more than some VOIP plans

cluckercreek

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 15, 2014, 11:38:25 PM
Quote from: cluckercreek on April 15, 2014, 10:34:04 AM
The issue would be on your internet router, not on the OBi.  Just don't enable QoS on the router.  The OBi 202 has a QoS setting that would also need to be disabled, if you're using its built-in router with downstream devices connected.

Thanks for the info SteveInWA. Yes the QoS is diabled in my router. It slowed the connection on Exede Satellite considerably and interfered with VoIP. I know this is the opposite for DSL and Cable. Anyway I glad to have the info for the Obi 202. When I update I guess I'll go with the 200 or 202. Right now my 110 works fine but I know you need to have a plan in place in case.

SteveInWA

Quote from: dircom on April 16, 2014, 07:21:04 AM
Still a great deal
As I mentioned on another thread, Taxes on Pots lines alone are more than some VOIP plans

Agreed!  I was just joking about the infomercial sales.  I think it's just going to get a little more price-sensitive after GV XMPP support goes away, as that was the major selling exclusive and value proposition that Obihai had.  Now, they will have to rely on high-quality marketing and advertising to sell their general benefits.  Just like people who buy the cheapest SIP ITSP's service, some customers may not understand or appreciate Obihai's added value, and might instead buy on price alone --> Brand "G".  As always, you [don't] get what you [don't] pay for.

dircom

The old saying is you get what you pay for
and their are corollaries

You hope you get what you pay for  :) (at the minimum)
as you mentioned you don't get what you don't pay for (except for the times you do)

and finally
the distance to your big toe that an object lands is inversely proportional to its weight

Usetheforceobiwan

gderf

A friend picked up an OBi200 on Amazon last week for $39.99 with free shipping.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.