News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is there a google voice replacement carrier list with comparisons anywhere?

Started by jjk99, April 17, 2014, 01:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjk99

Im hoping someone has started a list with price and feature comparisons.  Its disappointing that OBI does not have a main forum devoted to this topic instead of making customers read a thousand posts with various recommendations or criticisms and they are not really clear whether they even apply to current offerings. 

Usetheforceobiwan

While it would be nice for Obihai to do what you are asking, it would be an extremely complicated process as there are at least 50 ITSP's out there that you could use with an Obi.  And of those 50, they each have at least 4 plans to choose from and even more options you can add to those plans.  The permutations are huge. 

Furthermore, if Obihai were to list a select few, they would risk offending the others who Obihai depends on to drive demand for their product especially now that GV is changing.

I hate to say it but you are  on your own to research this.  There is lots of competition for your business so you should be able to get a great deal.   Just make sure you are happy with the new provider before you port your GV number into them.

BigJim_McD

jjk99,

I saw a comparison of several of the more popular services on this forum several weeks ago.  So far, I'm unable to relocate the list but I though you might find the following link interesting.

Poll What service will you use after XMPP goes away on May 15, 2014?
        http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7452.0
BigJimMcD

jjk99

Thanks - I didnt necessarily mean for Obi to make the list, but just to make a dedicated forum for the topic so that it was easier for people to consolidate postings about it.

SteveInWA

Quote from: jjk99 on April 21, 2014, 10:00:33 AM
Thanks - I didnt necessarily mean for Obi to make the list, but just to make a dedicated forum for the topic so that it was easier for people to consolidate postings about it.
That dedicated section already exists, here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?board=12.0