News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is it possible to have separate in/out providers on both sp1&2 on an obi100?

Started by zorlac, April 18, 2014, 02:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zorlac

I would like to use the free Callcentric #'s for inbound calls on two different numbers on sp1&2 and then use say VoIP.ms for the outbound calls on sp1&2.

I have been successful in getting GV to forward to the Callcentric freebe # configured on sp2 but I can't figure how to get the GV dialtone back on sp2 to dial out.

I'm new to this & it's a frustrating learning curve.

Thanks

drgeoff

The literal answer to your question is "no".  You can only have one provider account on an SP.

However, you may be able to achieve what you want by using Voice Gateways.

Set up the SPs for the incoming calls.  Set up a Voice gateway for each of the outgoing providers/accounts.  There is a restriction that because Voice Gateways do not register with the provider, you need to use a provider which allows calls to be made without registering.  Some do and some don't.  I don't know which camp voip.ms is in.

Taoman

Another option would be to forward your Callcentric number to a VoIP provider via SIP URI. You can then configure the VoIP provider on SP1 and configure your second Callcentric number on SP2. I am not sure if VoIP.ms allows this (without cost) but I know VoIP providers like Localphone and CallWithUs do.

Note: Some ITSPs that don't require outbound registration do require Prefix-Based IP Authentication (PIPA). IPComms for instance. This implies a static IP address from your ISP.

zorlac

Like this?
Not that I really understand.... :D :D

hwittenb

There are a number of ways you can configure to use a VoiceGateway for ALL outgoing calls.

One way is the following:

1.  Setup the Voice Gateway, say VG3

Name: voip.ms
AccessNumber: SP1(losangeles.voip.ms)
DigitMap: (1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)
AuthUserID: your_userid
AuthPassword: your_password

2.  Setup Trunk Group 1
Name: voip.ms
TrunkList: vg3
DigitMap (Mvg3)

3.  Setup the Phone Port primary line to always use Trunk Group 1
PrimaryLine: Trunk Group 1

The above assumes SP1 is configured for Sip.

Voip.ms does allow you to make calls without registration and can be used in a voice gateway

Edit:  On 2d thought sending all outgoing calls thru the VG might cause trouble is you are setting up 911 emergency calling.

Taoman

Quote from: zorlac on April 18, 2014, 08:35:16 PM
Like this?
Not that I really understand.... :D :D
No, I am talking about an alternative to using a voice gateway.

An example would be to get yourself a Localphone account. With your Localphone SIP credentials in hand you would go to your Callcentric account and forward 1 DID to your Localphone account. Your Localphone account would then have both incoming and outgoing lines associated with it.

Then configure Localphone on SP1 and and your other Callcentric DID on SP2 on your OBi. Should work.

ianobi

@ hwittenb - your idea of how to make a Voice Gateway the Primary Line is interesting. If 911 is dealt with in the usual way, routed directly from the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute, then there should be no problem as a typical rule such as {911:sp2} comes before any reference to Mpli when reading from left to right. This means the 911 rule will be matched first and operate as intended.

The way I deal with this is to not have 911 in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute and have a Trunk Group 1 such as:

Voice Services > Gateways and Trunk Groups > Trunk Group1 >
TrunkList: vg3,sp1,li
DigitMap: ((Mvg3)|(Msp1)|(Mli))

911 is in the digit maps Msp1 and Mli. The Trunk Group will not allow 911 to route via vg3 because 911 is not in DigitMap Mvg3. This is also a way of providing a back up provider for 911.