News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Gvoice was SP1 now SP1 empty...

Started by nalasha, April 18, 2014, 10:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nalasha

Hello. I enrolled in PhonePower due to the Gvoice cutoff. I originally had Gvoice set as SP1 and everything was well. When I connected PhonePower it was provisioned on SP2. I then removed Gvoice from SP1.

I am now experiencing intermittent in/out bound calling troubles. All OBi provisioning is pointing to SP2 for service, but I was wondering if the empty SP1 slot is causing these troubles. I would also like to move the PhonePower service to SP1, but I cannot tell how to do that. Can anyone help me with that and/or let me know if it may be what's causing my troubles with service?

I didn't port out of Gvoice, rather, I forwarded the Gvoice number to the new PhonePower number. I can pull the Obi power and then reconnect to get service back, as things are currently configured, but I would like to have more dependability. ;)

MikeHObi

There is no advantage to moving it and having it be empty does not create problems or at least should not .  The only difference may be the default ring profile but you can change that to match what SP1 has.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

nalasha

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any ideas on why I am now having trouble with "no service configured error" message when I place a call (I have dialtone and can call but then the message). Also, incoming calls are routed straight to Gvoice mail; when the service is "down", like now.

I can power-cycle the Obi202 and then service is returned, but I never know when/why this will happen.

MikeHObi

Quote from: nalasha on April 18, 2014, 10:38:06 AM
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any ideas on why I am now having trouble with "no service configured error" message when I place a call (I have dialtone and can call but then the message). Also, incoming calls are routed straight to Gvoice mail; when the service is "down", like now.

I can power-cycle the Obi202 and then service is returned, but I never know when/why this will happen.

Having "dial tone" with VOIP is not indicative of anything other than that your hand set can talk to your voip ATA.  You are getting no service configured because your OBI does not know of any service that you have to route outbound calls.

If you are fowarding Google calls to a VOIP provider and the call is not answered within about 20 seconds the call will go to google voice mail.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

nalasha

Thanks for the info on dial tone. I am thankful that the Gvoice mail is collecting the calls to the number. I am then sent an email from Goggle. This is as planned. My trouble is in the "OBI does not know of any service that you have to route outbound calls" part. What is causing this to occur, as I have service configured for the OBi?

What may the reasons be and how can I stop the trouble?

nalasha

I have just chosen to reset the voice portion of the Obi202 via the web interface on my network. I will report if anything changes shortly.

nalasha

After reset of voice I deleted the PhonePower account from SP2, re-registered the Obi202 with Obi website, configured the PhonePower service account to the Obi by manually entering:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : PhonePower
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.phonepower.com

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : A
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (Phone Power phone number)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)

PhonePower's servers also filled in some of this information and more...

I'm calling again, for now... and on SP1, just in case there was a problem... ???

drgeoff

Quote from: nalasha on April 18, 2014, 11:43:24 AM
After reset of voice I deleted the PhonePower account from SP2, re-registered the Obi202 with Obi website, configured the PhonePower service account to the Obi by manually entering:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : PhonePower
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.phonepower.com

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : A
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (Phone Power phone number)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)

PhonePower's servers also filled in some of this information and more...

I'm calling again, for now... and on SP1, just in case there was a problem... ???
I don't understand your mix of A and B and mix of SP2 and SP1 in what you wrote.

adutchman

Quote from: nalasha on April 18, 2014, 10:38:06 AM

There are more of us that are having the same issue after dropping/switching from GV to PhonePower.  You can follow that thread here...http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7778.msg50372#msg50372

I believe that the answer lies within your router.  Most routers have SIP ALG enabled by default.  It was suggested that you disable SIP ALG.

Good luck!