News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice broke and settings change after MS 8.1(fixed)

Started by tonyineugene, April 25, 2014, 03:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyineugene

Hello sherman and ObiHai folks:
gram and i changed our laptop to 8.1 and new MS office. our gv# 5416323737 and obi 100 would not work after the 8.1 change: no call in nor out. reading the google posts (not here) online did not help but just confuse us' i'm 70. first off, the forward to chat icon in settings was Gone. Why, who knows. anyway...the fix we did: first we deleted Google voice extension in chrome then Joined google Hangouts. We opened Google Mail and chose make calls. It was not there. Why? then, we opened Google mail settings and we guess windows un checked the box under phones that selected call phones. Also: we made a call Out using our Google Mail phone dial pad and then made a call To our GV# using another phone.  We found we had to join google hangouts to fix our google mail dial pad. we are not sure of this, but whatever.
then  we went to chrome again and ordered the google voice extension-and then-what do you know-Forward to chat popped up with our GV phone number settings menu- we checked or enabled that box-Our obi100 now works with our uniden phones again and i even ordered a RX today from VA and no problem. so...i don't know if this well help anyone, but it might. and btw, our friend ObiHai100 works just perfect with windows 8.1 and no issue at all. i would just say after MS gives you routine downloads that are large and your Obi stops working so well you might want to check everything possible. One more thing, we dropped Google Hangouts since we think it's goofy at our age. so after deleting google hangouts, the Obi and the uniden work perfect still. No Problem.
When May 15 comes, we will figure something else out.
Hope this post can help just one Obi user...

tony&karen, eugene