News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Support for 2 lines phones

Started by JohnLennon, March 24, 2011, 11:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnLennon

My Linksys SPA2102 supports to output both line and line 2 on the same jack, as long you have a phone that supports both lines. This is actually handy when you want to use the phone to handle 2 calls simultaneously.

In my case my wireless phones all handle the 2 lines and I can be on one line and my wife on the other simultaneously

The OBi with a single phone port as it stand now cannot do this.

My setup:
sp1: GV
sp2: SIP

GizmoChicken

I had a Linksys SPA2102 and also a Grandstream HT502.  I too miss the ability to handle 2 lines.  So your request gets my vote.

But if OBi ever builds a device with 2 FXS ports, I hope that the device allows for registering several (preferably unlimited, but no less than 10) SP accounts.  In such a case, I would hope that the device would allow for configuring multiple SP accounts to ring on one of the lines and multiple other SP accounts to ring on the other line.

And as long as I'm asking for the moon, integrated wifi would be nice too, if it could be added for not too much additional cost.

GC_convertee

Hi Folks,
I was just going to ask about this too
Right now I've got a Linksys SPA-2102 with two lines (not using the router function on it, its a dhcp client behind another router)
1st line connected to a fax (that I've finally got working 80% inbound and outbound) to sipgate phone number
2nd line to a regular panasonic wireless phone to sipgate to a google voice number

My understanding is on either of the obis, there's only 1 voip phone port and even if you had 2 voip addresses numbers, but it switches between the two
Also the OBi100 or OBi110 acts as a google voice client (like the gv iphone app) where you can directly dial out of a standard home phone by pressing area code and tel number
Right now, w/o an obi you have to initiate from web with gv

On the 110 theres a pots port too? I guess one could treat the output on the linsys as the pots input on the omni and then to the direct fax (but that would add another device inline, faxes are very finicky) and keep the voip line for google voice so the obi client

Another config might be to go with the the obi100 as sibling device to the linksys (keeping the linksys dedicated to fax)

Any other work arounds people have found?
Thanks

G

GrandCentral in 2004, had Gizmo5 acct
Analog Fax working IB & OB...
efax acct revoked
faxzero.com (<=2 free/$2 for 3+pgs)
Linksys SPA-2102 ATA 2 Sipgate lines/free accts, $20 balance for OB faxes dialing
Obi110 2 GV accts No POTS/FXO
Panasonic kx-tga939t Dect Cordless -  Ans machine OFF

GC_convertee

I just amazoned an obi110, will play with it a bit, probably run it as a sibling device to to the linksys for now

FYI
The old grandcentral google group was taken over by spammers
http://groups.google.com/group/grandcentral-help-poweruser/browse_thread/thread/66564060aba4a02c/6f5a546794ad68d5?q=#6f5a546794ad68d5

Here's a trail of some of the posts on google voice official I made about voip devices and google voice and the voip systems I've been fiddling with for years

http://www.google.com/support/forum/user?hl=en&userid=16752373232764150667
GrandCentral in 2004, had Gizmo5 acct
Analog Fax working IB & OB...
efax acct revoked
faxzero.com (<=2 free/$2 for 3+pgs)
Linksys SPA-2102 ATA 2 Sipgate lines/free accts, $20 balance for OB faxes dialing
Obi110 2 GV accts No POTS/FXO
Panasonic kx-tga939t Dect Cordless -  Ans machine OFF