News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phantom ringing in the middle of the night - where is the call log?

Started by Dale, April 29, 2014, 07:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

on an Obi 100 i have two accounts, one a GV account and an outbound only voip.ms account.

Often some asshole manages to ring the telephone around 12:30AM or 1:30AM. 

There is no record of there being a GV call.
voip.ms cannot ring my phone (no inbound service) and their logs also show no activity.

It could be another Obi user. I want to see if that is the case. There used to be a call log for the Obi that I could view from a web browser. I can no longer find it.

Where can I find out who/what is calling my phone in the middle of the night?

If it is another obi user, can I block them?

voip.ms support suggested that hacker may be able to probe my internet connection looking for ATA devices. Is there a security problem that allows that to happen? Can they make the device think there is an incoming call by pretending to be another obi device?

ianobi

You are suffering from "SIP scanners".

See:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.msg35387#msg35387

Any calls coming in via sp1/sp2/OBiTALK would appear in the OBi Call History. The SIP scanners are coming in directly via IP address / port and do not appear in the OBi Call History.

It's a mystery why they always seem to call at night!

Dale

thank you - It is a great thread.

I just signed up with phonepower and they have a doc which suggests adding these IPs to X_AccessList

I added them as 'junk IPs' to my voip.ms service also, since that is only outgoing.

I will also look at the other solution too in detail...

Taoman

Quote from: Dale on April 29, 2014, 06:12:44 PM

I added them as 'junk IPs' to my voip.ms service also, since that is only outgoing.

Say what? What are "junk IPs?" Those 2 IPs are two of the three primary PhonePower SIP servers. I'm not sure in what context you would consider them junk IPs.