News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

DigitMap question

Started by jazzy, May 15, 2014, 08:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzy

I was using this DigitMap with GV, and now use Localphone to make outgoing calls.

Here is my User defined Digit Map

User Defined Digit Map1

Label      ste

DigitMap   (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|
<1415>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

With this current digitmap, I can make all calls to USA numbers just fine using Localphone. 7 digit dialing, 10 digit dialing & 11 digit dialing all work fine.

But will I be able to make international calls with this digit map?
Is the 011xx. the digitmap that makes the international call?

ie.. calling Hong Kong  (country code is 852)
(852) 2824 6111

so if I dial 011 852 2824 6111, it will work?
It worked with GV just fine.

ipse

Looks fine to me (same as mine) and I make international calls prefixed by 011
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain

drgeoff

Quote from: ipse on May 15, 2014, 08:55:25 PM
Looks fine to me (same as mine) and I make international calls prefixed by 011
Yes, it should work but will have an extra 10 second delay after dialling.  If your Hong Kong numbers are all 8 digits in length you can insert an additional

011852xxxxxxxx

jazzy

thanks for confirming the 011xx.  digit map.  I don't make that many international calls, so the 10 sec delay is not a big deal.  Since I also call other places in Europe too, ie Spain 34 915 312 732, no need to make a digit map
for each country I may call only occasionally just to eliminate the 10 sec dialing delay.

Just wanted to be sure any length of an international number prefixed by the 011 here in USA would
dial out correctly.

On another note, I have '911' set to call my local dispatch emergency dispatch. I list that rule first,
before any other dialing rules, however there is the 10 sec delay before the 'local number is dialed'

How can I get rid of that delay and have the number dial immediately after the '911' is punched.
(BTW I tested '911' dialing delay by changing the real dispatch number to my cell number during testing)

azrobert

Change 911 in the Phone port DigitMap to 911S0

Change 011xx. to 011xx.S3 for a 3 second delay.
While you are dialing an international call you can't pause for 3 or more seconds. If you do the call will be routed before finishing dialing.

If you have a phone that you dial the number then press Talk/Send there is a very small delay between digits, therefore you can change the rule to 011xx.S1

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on May 16, 2014, 08:25:31 AM
If you have a phone that you dial the number then press Talk/Send there is a very small delay between digits, therefore you can change the rule to 011xx.S1
Also if you always dial the international numbers from the phone memories of a phone without Talk/Send facility.

mj56gt

I know that you need to dial 011 first for international calls from a landline in the US. However, the Localphone website says that you should dial 00 + country code + phone umber. Are you sure that you should dial 011 as usual with Localphone?

drgeoff

I'm in the UK and use localphone for calls to Japan. I dial 0081.....

azrobert

Here's another option.
Use:  011xxxxxxxxxxx.S2

You won't get a match until dialing at least 10 digits after the 011 prefix.
Now you don't have to worry about pausing until after the 10th digit, so I reduced the pause to 2 seconds.

jazzy

Quote from: azrobert on May 16, 2014, 08:25:31 AM
Change 911 in the Phone port DigitMap to 911S0

Change 011xx. to 011xx.S3 for a 3 second delay.
While you are dialing an international call you can't pause for 3 or more seconds. If you do the call will be routed before finishing dialing.

Thanks! exactly what I'm looking for, I'll test 911 later tonight ( of course using my cell # in place of dispatch # )

I can deal with 3 sec delay, may even bump it up to 4  secs.

I just get a dial tone, then punch numbers, no need to press send.

jazzy

Quote from: azrobert on May 16, 2014, 11:29:45 AM
Here's another option.
Use:  011xxxxxxxxxxx.S2

You won't get a match until dialing at least 10 digits after the 011 prefix.
Now you don't have to worry about pausing until after the 10th digit, so I reduced the pause to 2 seconds.

Is this the better option for my international calls?  and will this cover the various lengths of phone numbers for
different countries?

I need to verify if when calling from USA with Localphone, the 011 is used to dial international.

jazzy

Quote from: mj56gt on May 16, 2014, 09:10:12 AM
I know that you need to dial 011 first for international calls from a landline in the US. However, the Localphone website says that you should dial 00 + country code + phone umber. Are you sure that you should dial 011 as usual with Localphone?

Just heard back from Localphone. They say to dial an International number from the USA, use the prefix 00,
followed by country code, then number.

Ok, so now what is the correct digitmap to use for Localphone intl' calls?
Might it now be this for Localphone Intl' calls:        00xxxxxxxxxxx.S2

azrobert