News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

InboundCallRoute timer for call forward?

Started by totalimpact, January 30, 2011, 12:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

totalimpact

Can I use timers in InboundCallRoute to ring the phone for a few seconds, then re-route the call to a number at SP1?

OBi-Guru

Don't use InboundCallRoute.

On the Physical-Interface->LinePort:

CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable = yes
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber = **1-your-number
CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount = 4 (adjust as you like)

submit and reboot the device

QBZappy

If we don not use the line port, can we still do this with the phone connect to the phone port?

I did not realize the line port seems to have more powerful call handling features than the phone port.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

obiliving

QBZappy,

Call Forward and other calling features, such as DND, etc., are available on all trunks in the OBi device (OBiTALK, SP1, SP2, and LINE). They can be configured under the respective service's web page. OBiTALK, SP1/2, and LINE are trunks that provide voice services, while the PHONE Port and AA are consumers of these services. For the OBi devices, features such as call forward and DND are applied to incoming calls on a per trunk basis, so that they would provide the expected behavior regardless where the incoming calls are routed to (could be AA, PH, or other trunks). If SP1 or SP2 is hard-wired to ring the PH and the PH only, then you can say these call features are similar to those offered in some other ATA implementations. OBi's design is more general. Hope this is what you're looking for.

totalimpact

I think there is something wrong - if the call comes in on PSTN Line and is never answered, how can it use the **1 OutboundCallRoute which is assigned on the Phone port - if the phone does not have the call?

Or is that how you guys have made it - so that ports can use the dialplan of another port?

It would make more sense that I need to make a new digitmap in a Trunk Group for **1... - no?

I tried both and could not get the call to forward.

QBZappy

obiliving,

Thanks for pointing that out to me. You're right it looks like you can configure the Calling Features for SIP trunks in the web configuration page you mentioned. Good to know.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

OBi-Guru

@totalimpact, need to do this:

Line Port -> InBoundCallRoute = sp1

totalimpact

That wont work.

Here is the goal for inbound calls on Line port:

Call comes in and rings Phone port for 5 rings.
If no answer, forward it back out a number on sp1.

obiliving

totalimpact,

Could you give the call forward idea anoth shot, with
the Call Forward  Number set to somethin like this: SP1(14081234567);
just replace the number in parathesis with the target numbe of your choice.

totalimpact

obiliving

Is it possible to show me a bit more how you configure this
so I too can give it a try?

I assume your
LINE Port InboundCallRoute = ph
LINE Port CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable = yes (or checked)
LINE Port CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount = 5 (about 30s that is)
LINE Port CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber = SP1(14081234567)

Assume your SP1 has a working ITSP or GV configured.
You can successfully dial out the same 11-digit number as your
call forward number from SP1 (using **1 prefix for example).
(otherwise try that first to make sure that the call forward number is indeed
valid from the SP1 point of view).

And the symptoms you are having:
- Incoming call from PSTN
- PHONE Rings
- PHONE keeps on ringing for more than 30s and the
  call forward number is never called by OBi; never rings ...

totalimpact

Sorry, got it working - you had a ; in your example, I thought that was required.

QBZappy

obiliving,

I don't use the Line Port. However I'm trying to do the same thing with the SP1. I get "The number you are dialing is not in service" message. I think that is a dial pattern issue. I can't seem to find it. Can you suggest something?

totalimpact

I got it to work just like Obiliving said:

LINE Port InboundCallRoute = ph
LINE Port CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable = yes (or checked)
LINE Port CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount = 5 (about 30s that is)
LINE Port CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber = SP1(14081234567)

Are you trying to do this from SP1 callers to a number on SP2? Pretty much all the same settings are available on an SP1or2 port that are on the Line port.

QBZappy

My Obi is going through an Asterisk (FreePBX) box. I recognize the voice message is from Allison (Asterisk voice). I think it is an Asterisk config. I'm sure it that was not in the mix the Obi would handle the callforwarding.

Tks for the help.