News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

(PBXes.com) No response from service provider - outgoing (Incoming calls A-OK)

Started by binary_man, April 26, 2014, 03:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binary_man

Hey all!

I recently got an OBI 110, and I've already got a PBXes.com account, preconfigured with various routes - I've got this to work perfectly well with a "real" VoIP phone

I have routes going out via SipGate, DIDLogic and CallWithUs

I've decided to get the OBI 110, to play with, and I've managed to get the OBI 110, to accept incoming calls via the number that SipGate give me, however when I dial out (I have the credit available), I get a response saying

"The number you dialled (xxxxxxxxxxx) has not received a response from the service provider"

Im ringing my mobile "as is" ie: No extensions at the beginning

I have settings configured for ITSP Profile A as:

GENERAL:
No changes

SIP:
Proxy server:pbxes.org
Outbound proxy: pbxes.org

RTP:
No changes

For SP1 service, I've made the following changes:

X_ServProvProfile/X_RingProfile/X_CodecProfile: A

Paramater username: xxxxxxx-100
Password: xxxxxxx

It's also a rather slow process to call out, which I don't get when it's connected to the telephone line only - and Im not sure why that would be

I'm not sure what I can do to make the phone service work outbound?

azrobert

Did you change the Phone Port Primary Route?
The default for the OBi110 is the PSTN Line.
I think you want it to be SP1 Service.

You can check what's happening by looking at the OBi110 call history.
Log directly into the OBi110 via the Web interface.

Click Status
Click Call History

The right column will show where the call is directed and the number.
It should be SP1.

The slow dialing is a quirk of the OBi when using the default DigitMaps. It's setup for any dialing sequence. This can be easily fixed.

What are the dialing patterns of your outbound calls. You must be using a prefix to direct calls to each provider in PBXes.

binary_man

Sorry, should have said, that the primary line IS the SP1 service. This is a typical example of what I saw in the call history

Call 1   04/26/2014    11:10:02   

Terminal ID   PHONE1   SP1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   xxxxxxxxxxx    xxxxxxxxxxxx
Direction   Outbound   Outbound
11:10:02   New Call   
11:10:34      End Call

(Number edited out)

Here are my dialing patterns for PBXes.com
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4940517

(That's my guide - with my rules)

Also, just wondering how I could possibly use Obi 110, to say allow you to use both the PSTN and VoIP line? ie: because evening and weekend calls are free via land line, which is obviously cheaper than paying another provider! :D

drgeoff

1.  At pbxes.org have a look at the 'Call Monitor' page to see what happens to the calls you are trying to make.

2.  Unfortunately the OBis have no means to make use of 'time of day' when routing calls.  Thus it isn't possible to automatically send calls to your telco line at certain times or days.  However, if you haven't changed the relevant parts of your dial plans on the OBi110, prefixing a number with **8 will make it go out on the LINE port irrespective of the PrimaryLine setting.

gsmitchell

Quote from: binary_man on April 26, 2014, 03:08:24 AM
"The number you dialled (xxxxxxxxxxx) has not received a response from the service provider"

Hi!  I am getting the same error message.  However, I am trying to set it up to dial into my work VoIP setup.  I have tinkered with the setup, and was getting a 408 error ( I think that was it ) for a while, but now that is gone.  Hoping you find something that fixes this, I think I am out of ideas.

Thanks!