News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Question about OBi Dashboard Device Status

Started by baxtr, April 29, 2011, 08:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baxtr

I have OBiAPP with X-Lite  running on a notebook and can place and recieve calls. When I login/logout of OBIAPP the status icon on the OBi Dashboard switches orange/green depending upon the initial state as I would expect. I also have two OBi110s registered. Both are fully functional. I can call the echo number, get the IP address, call one from the other, call a regular PSTN number via SP1 (GV), etc. However, their status icons are always orange indicating offline. I have also tried ***9 (1 to reboot) after reboot the icon is still orange. Am I missing some setting or is this normal behavior?

N.B. As I was writing this, I decided to reboot both OBis and now all icons are green ... weird! I guess this post is irrelevant, but I'll send it anyway.

jimates

Many devices show as off line in Obitalk when they are in fact on line and working fine.

harpo

Quote from: jimates on April 30, 2011, 10:26:51 AM
Many devices show as off line in Obitalk when they are in fact on line and working fine.

I have the same issue and it just started today.  My status light for my OBI110 stays orange no matter what.  Up until today it's always been green so my question is why all of a sudden will it not show green anymore if there isn't a problem.

Dav3yDark0

I think the problem with the device status on the OBiTalk page is due to a problem on their servers not with your OBi devices. I have noticed that mine show it was offline when it was in fact online and working.

On a side note: I wish more companies would move away from orange/green or red/green status indicators, both on software and with LEDs on the devices themselves. About 1/3 of all human males have some degree of a color perception deficiency, I happen to be one of them, and red(orange)/green is usually the colors that cause the most problems. I wish companies would move to a red/blue indicator of whether a device is on or not. I have a number of electronic items that I can not tell the on/off status by the light because I can't tell what the color is.

lhm.

"I wish companies would move to a red/blue indicator of whether a device is on or not. I have a number of electronic items that I can not tell the on/off status by the light because I can't tell what the color is."

As in PAP2  :)